Jeffrey W. Larroca
Jeffrey Larroca focuses his practice on labor and employment and litigation. He also has significant insurance experience, including coverage litigation, premises liability litigation, personal injury, fidelity relating to employee dishonesty claims, and surety. He also handles general contract litigation, lender liability (primarily involving failed or troubled real estate transactions), and resolving title and tenancy issue for sale of multi-family residential real estate. Finally, Jeffrey is experienced in product liability matters.
- Writes and conducts supervisor and employee training programs.
- Conducts confidential investigations.
- Drafts policies and procedures.
- Maintains a regular practice before federal and state administrative agencies and courts.
- Assists clients with high level employment contract negotiations, terminations, exit packages, and reduction in force.
- Exercises his skills in multiple aspects of employment law, including Title VII, FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ADEA, labor relations, employment contracts, whistleblower claims, and class action defense.
- Insight into Diversity, Member of the Board of Directors
- Metropolitan Area Credit Union Management Association
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- The Catholic University’s Columbus School of Law, Former Adjunct Professor (2001-2006)
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as The Best Lawyers in America 2023 for Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Recognized as a 2015 Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Group Inc.
- Selected for Probate and Property’s 1996 Excellence in Writing Award, Best Cutting Edge Article on Real Property for his article “Changes Ahead: The Section 8 Program Under Fire.”
News and Insights
- “Harassment Cases: High Profile or Not, a Volatile Thicket (HR Daily Advisor),” HR Daily Advisor, October 24, 2016.
- “Binding Agreement: Can ‘Love Contracts’ Govern Your Inter-Office Romance?” Observer, May 2016.
- “Are ‘Love Contracts’ in the Workplace a Good Idea?” HR.BLR.com, February 2016.
- “The Abercrombie Case, Dress Codes, and Religious Discrimination,” Insight Into Diversity, July 2015.
- “What If the Owner of the Clippers Had Been a Professor?” Insight Into Diversity, June 2014.
- “Employers Must Tread Lightly Around a Worker’s State of Mind,” Insight Into Diversity, March 2014.
- “Anti-Bullying Laws Lead the Next Wave of Rights Legislation,” Insight Into Diversity, January/February 2014.
- “New Year’s Advice for Employers,” Insight Into Diversity, December 2013.
- “What the High Court’s Ruling on DOMA Does Not Say,” Insight Into Diversity, Sept/Oct 2013.
- “Debating the Value of a College Degree,” Into Diversity, June 2013.
- “OBAMACARE in 2014: Stay Tuned, ” Insight Into Diversity, April/May 2013.
- “Gun Legislation Impacts Workplace Policies,” Insight Into Diversity, March 2013.
- “Advice for a Happier New Year!” Insight Into Diversity, December 2012.
- “An In-Depth Look at the Family and Medical Leave Act,” Into Diversity, Winter 2012.
- “Who Is Lily Ledbetter and Why Does She Matter?” Insight Into Diversity, Summer 2012.
- “The Limits of Religious Accommodation,” Insight Into Diversity, June 2012.
- “Facing Facebook in the Office,” Insight Into Diversity, March 2012.
- “Five Things That Happened in 2011 Every Employer Should Know About (and some quick suggestions for your 2012 “To Do” list),” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, Spring 2012.
- “Five Things That Happened in 2011 Every Employer Should Know About,” Insight Into Diversity, December 2011.
- “The Unions Strike Back,” Insight Into Diversity, November 2011.
- “The Growth of Government and Its Impact on the Law,” Insight Into Diversity, Winter 2011.
- “Getting Off on the Right Foot with Employees,” Insight Into Diversity, October 2011.
- “The Brave New World of Expanding Gender and Sexual Status Rights,” Insight Into Diversity, June 2011.
- “Religion in the Workplace: The Top 5 Pitfalls,” Insight Into Diversity, Summer 2011.
- “The Graying of the American Workforce,” Insight Into Diversity, April/May 2011.
- “NFL Prepare for CBA Showdown,” Insight Into Diversity, March 2011.
- “Global Diversity and the American Workforce,” Insight Into Diversity, December 2010.
- “Discrimination: It’s the Little Things That Count,” Insight Into Diversity, Winter 2010.
- “Unraveling the Health Care Bill,” Insight Into Diversity, November 2010.
- “Technology, the Law and Electronic Communication,” Insight Into Diversity, October 2010.
- “The Business of Law,” Insight Into Diversity, June 2010.
- “How Employment Law Affects Children,” Insight Into Diversity, Summer 2010.
- “The Rights of Veterans and Those Who Serve,” Insight Into Diversity, April/May 2010.
- “FMLA and Schools: The “Special Rules” for Teachers,” Insight Into Diversity, March 2010.
- “Toyota Motor Mfg, Kentucky, Inc. v. Williams: Disabling the Americans with Disabilities Act,” The Catholic University’s The Journal of Contemporary Health Law and Policy, 2002.