Samuel M. Franklin
Sam Franklin represents real estate developers, landlords, tenants, and banks, and advises government agencies, community groups, as well as nonprofits on real estate-related matters. His practice encompasses all stages of a real estate investment project, including acquisition and sale, new construction, finance transactions, leasing, and zoning approvals and appeals.
Sam’s real estate practice also assists clients on matters of corporate governance and tax efficiency, and helps coordinate with financiers, government bodies, design and construction professionals, and other consultants and service providers.
On Election Day, Sam works at his local polling place, overseeing voting procedures and ensuring Pennsylvanians can exercise their right to vote. Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Sam served as a legal intern for the American Civil Liberties Union of Pennsylvania. His career also includes public sector work at Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation, Municipal Court, and the Mayor’s Office.
When Sam isn’t practicing law, he can be found at his local park with his wife Erica and their dog Scout.
- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2023 & 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Real Estate Law
- Received a 2021 & 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
American history and politics
Architecture and design