Patrick M. Brannigan
Patrick Brannigan focuses his practice on mass tort and general litigation matters, managing all aspects of litigation from inception to completion. He has represented clients in all courts in the state of Delaware, including the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, Superior Court, Court of Common Pleas, Justice of the Peace Courts, and Court of Chancery. He has effectively and aggressively defended his clients at depositions, throughout discovery disputes and in motions practice. Patrick also provides trial and litigation support when necessary.
Prior to embarking on a career in civil litigation, Patrick served as a deputy attorney general for the State of Delaware for almost four years, working under former Attorneys General M. Jane Brady, Carl C. Danberg, and Joseph R. Biden III. As a criminal prosecutor who managed a number a cases, Patrick gained significant trial experience and valuable legal skills such as case and evidence evaluation, negotiation and resolution techniques, motions practice, legal writing, and examination strategies.
- Represented various companies and corporations manufacturing an assortment of different products and equipment, including, industrial, commercial, and residential steam generating equipment, industrial valves, pumps, and piping systems, commercial and residential construction supplies, aftermarket automotive parts, HVAC equipment, and commercial and residential electrical equipment and products.
- Represented contractors, suppliers of raw materials, employers, and premises owners.
- Handled general civil litigation and commercial bankruptcy matters, including contract and insurance disputes, personal injury matters, and protected creditors’ rights in bankruptcy.
- Prosecuted hundreds of criminal matters and offenses, ranging from traffic citations to the most serious and complex of felony offenses and he tried a large number of both jury and non-jury matters to verdict.
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as The Best Lawyers in America 2023 and 2024 for Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants
News and Insights
- “Eckert Seamans Prevails at Summary Judgment in Three Separate Delaware Matters,” Eckert Seamans’ Mass Tort Litigation Update, February 7, 2023.
Whenever possible, Patrick tries to spend his spare time at the Delaware beaches and at various community, cultural, and sporting events in the area. He enjoys music, movies, running, bicycling, attempting to play acoustic guitar, and spending time with his family and friends.