LaToya Winfield Bellamy
Chair, Circle Mentoring
LaToya Winfield Bellamy provides business counseling, municipal and administrative law related services. She has a wide range of experience in serving the firm’s clients, including various businesses, contractors, educational institutions, gaming industry entities, and municipal governments. She provides guidance to the firm’s clients on contracting, government regulatory issues, and real estate and other related matters.
Assists clients in regulatory compliance matters.
Advises on the administration of housing programs regulated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Provides guidance on the administration of grant programs regulated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
Provides training, policy review and drafting and other assistance to educational institutions related to Title IX compliance and student conduct matters.
Assists clients with statutorily required reporting to various state government agencies.
Compiles information and reports to be submitted to government agencies in order to maintain licenses and registrations.
Represents municipalities and authorities in general governance matters.
Drafts and negotiates contracts and agreements in various transactions and resolution of matters.
Dauphin County Bar Association;
Board of Directors (2020-2022)
Equal Professional Opportunity Committee, Chair
Keystone Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Minority Bar Committee, Co-Chair
National Association of Parliamentarians
James S. Bowman American Inn of Court, Former Member
William W. Lipsitt American Inn of Court, Former Member
- Served Pennsylvania Auditor General-Elect Timothy DeFoor’s 2020 Transition Team
- Capital Area Transit Authority, Board Member
- Susquehanna Regional Transportation Authority, Board Member
- Widener Law Commonwealth, Dean’s Diversity Advisory Board Member
- Widener Law Commonwealth Business Advising Certificate Program, Advisory Board Member
- AKA Foundation of Central Pennsylvania, Board Member
- Mechanicsburg Learning Center, Former Board Member
- National Black MBA Association, Inc., Greater Harrisburg Chapter, Former Board Member
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as The Best Lawyers in America 2024 for Administrative / Regulatory Law
News and Insights
- “McNees Wallace & Nurick out as Middletown Solicitor after six years,” Press & Journal, April 26, 2018.
- “Eckert Seamans Member LaToya Winfield Bellamy Named Co-Chair of Pennsylvania Bar Association Minority Bar Committee,” June 2023.
- “Eckert Seamans Forms Inclusion Council to Advance Diversity, Equity, and Belonging,” March 2023.
- “Eckert Seamans Assists with Parx Casino’s New Facility in Shippensburg,” February 2023.
- “Advancing Diversity in Legal Employer Relationship,” panelist, Dauphin County Bar Association, Equal Professional Opportunity Committee, February 28, 2023.
- “Associate Development in the Time of Covid,” panelist, Pennsylvania Bar Institute webinar, May 2021.
- “Professionalism & Civility in Practice (ethics),” PBI, April 22, 2021.
- “Diversity and Inclusion: Perspective and Strategies for the Legal Profession,” panelist, Virtual Continuing Legal Education Program presented by The Middle District of PA Chapter of The Federal Bar Association, a February 2021.
- The Legal Professionals Forum panelist presented by Widener Commonwealth Law School’s BLSA and CDO, January 2021.
- “Diversity: Why We Need It & How It Can be Achieved,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Environmental Law Forum panelist on Diversity and Environmental Practice, July 2020.
- “First Steps to Starting Your Business,” guest speaker at Dixon University Center, hosted by Kutztown University Small Business Development Center, March 10, 2020.