Joshua D. Hill
Josh Hill focuses his practice on complex civil litigation, government investigations, and white-collar criminal defense matters and parallel civil actions.
Josh also works with the defense team in Pennsylvania, New York, and New Jersey that represents churches, schools, and youth organizations in the defense of lawsuits alleging institutional liability for acts of childhood sexual abuse.
Additionally, Josh counsels clients in a wide range of industries concerning export controls, treaty compliance and international trade regulations enforced by the Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS). He regularly assists clients concerning the changing rules and regulations involved in doing business in Iran and Cuba. Josh recently assisted aviation clients in obtaining necessary licenses and permits in order to begin passenger service in Cuba.
Prior to joining the firm, Josh spent four years a public defender with the Defender Association of Philadelphia, gaining valuable courtroom experience. Prior to his time at the Defender Association, Josh served as a law clerk to the Honorable Mark Bernstein of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas.
- Representing Hospitals, practice groups and physicians in government investigations related to healthcare fraud.
- Representing public officials in investigations related to public corruption.
- Representing medical providers in defense of False Claims Act investigations, audits, and grand jury investigations.
- Representing religious organizations before the Pennsylvania State Grand Jury investigating child abuse in the church.
- Representing religious organizations in federal, state, and local criminal investigations related to sexual and physical abuse and alleged concealment.
- Advising an international manufacturing company in compliance with regulations promulgated by the United States Department of Treasury’s Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC).
- Provide counseling to a wide range of industries concerning export controls, treaty compliance and international trade regulations enforced by the Office of Foreign Asset Controls (OFAC) and the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS).
- Counsel clients in various industries concerning the changing rules and regulations involved in doing business in Iran and Cuba.
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Good Shepherd Mediation Program, Board of Directors (a Philadelphia based nonprofit neighborhood mediation center)
- Support Center For Child Advocates, Volunteer Attorney
- Big Brothers Big Sisters Program, Former Volunteer Mentor
News and Insights
- “New Statute of Limitations Provisions,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update February 5, 2021.
- “US Companies Should Proceed Cautiously Into Cuba and Iran,” co-author, The Legal Intelligencer, April 2016.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2016 Professional Liability Update, January 2016.
- “The Fine Line Between Legitimate Action and Honest Services; Fraud: Lessons Learned in Recent Public Corruption Trials,” co-presenter at the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, November 2022.