Military and Veteran’s Initiative
The Eckert Seamans Military and Veteran’s Initiative strives to create and provide a culture of inclusion and belonging for those who have served or are continuing to serve in all branches of the United States military. Our firm community is committed to supporting our veterans and we are proud to highlight those at our firm who are dedicated to serving our country.
With more than 20 veteran attorneys, professional staff, and legal consultants at the firm, we are proud of how our veterans play an integral part in the operation and continued success of Eckert Seamans. We recognize the sacrifice they have made for our country and the efforts to which they underwent for our collective freedom. Our firm veterans successfully transfer their experience serving the United States to their clients and engage with them to foster deep, trusting business relationships while providing exceptional counsel. Furthermore, our veterans have considerable ties to our local communities and support other veteran-focused programs. All these aspects are reflective of our firm’s core values and our commitment to diversity and inclusion amongst all employees at Eckert Seamans.
The Eckert Seamans Military and Veteran’s Initiative is committed to supporting veterans through the following goals:
- Establishing an internal network where veteran attorneys, professional staff, and legal consultants can share experiences and support one another.
- Mental health support.
- Supporting pro bono initiatives with veteran causes.
- Creating opportunities for the firm to support external veteran causes and veteran-owned businesses.
- Supporting career fairs and other career opportunities for veterans looking to work in the legal field as attorneys and professional staff.
- Supporting veteran employees while on leave for active duty or trainings.
Eckert Seamans understands first-hand the unique challenges faced by veterans. Therefore, our firm strives to leverage military experience across the firm’s practice areas to provide a comprehensive suite of legal services to veteran-owned businesses and those looking to do business with them, including:
- Federal and State Procurement: We counsel clients on all aspects of government contracting, from bid preparation to contract negotiation and dispute resolution. We are well-versed in complex procurement laws and regulations, such as the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and its State counterparts, and we have a proven track record of success in helping our clients win and retain government contracts.
- Government Affairs and Corporate Law: We assist clients with forming businesses, obtaining veteran certifications, and navigating compliance requirements to access favorable veteran programs, such as corporate filing fee waivers, construction contracting set-aside opportunities, and certain veteran related tax advantages. We also represent clients before federal, state, and local government agencies on a variety of matters, including legislative advocacy and regulatory compliance.
- Litigation and Claims: We represent clients in a broad assortment of civil litigation matters, including breaches of contract, non-compete agreements, civil fraud cases, real estate, construction and environmental actions, and other civil disputes.