Jennifer M. Caron
Jennifer Caron concentrates her practice in the area of public and municipal finance. She serves as bond counsel in transactions involving the issuance of municipal securities by or on behalf of Pennsylvania counties, cities, townships, boroughs, school districts, and municipal authorities, and represents municipal securities underwriting firms, banking institutions, and corporations engaged in the municipal securities industry.
Prior to joining the firm, Jennifer practiced public and municipal finance and public utility law for several years at another private law firm in Harrisburg. Before entering private practice, she was a prosecuting attorney for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel, Department of State, in the Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs, where she handled an array of administrative law matters for various licensing Boards in the Commonwealth. Jennifer also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable George Hoffer, President Judge of the Court of Common Pleas in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania.
- Serves as bond counsel for general obligation and revenue bonds for general government purposes.
- Serves in financings through the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Pennsylvania Infrastructure Investment Authority, and bank municipal lending and leasing programs, in addition to bond market financings.
- Serves as underwriters’ counsel to underwriting firms.
- Women in Public Finance, Mid-Atlantic (Ladies First) Chapter Treasurer
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association
- Lower Allen Board of Township Commissioners, Member
- Lower Allen Township Zoning Hearing Board, Former Alternate Member
- American Heart Association, Capital Region, Go Red for Women Luncheon, “Pursonalities” Committee
- United Way’s Women’s Leadership Network, Member
- Junior Achievement, parent volunteer for West Shore School District
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 & 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Public Finance Law
News and Insights
- “Public Financing 101: The Municipal Finance Team”, Pennsylvania Borough News, September 2021.
- “Building the Right Team Can Make a Financing Go Smoothly,” PMAA’s The Authority, August 2021.
- “Municipal Official Found Guilty of Securities Fraud in Connection with the Issuance of Municipal Bonds,” The Authority Magazine, December 2017.
- “PLW People in the News—April 12, 2022—Eckert Seamans,” The Legal Intelligencer, April 12, 2022.
- “Municipal Borrowing – Good Planning, Policies, and Professionals are the Keys to Managing Debt,” PA Township News, August 2017.
- “A Page from a Play Book of a Public Finance Transaction,” co-presented during the Pennsylvania Municipality Authorities Association’s Board Member Training program, March 2022.
- “Municipal Finance and Moving Beyond 2020,” presenter, Capital Region Council of Governments Board of Delegates Meeting, April 2021.
- “Restructuring and refinancing debt to increase cash flow in municipal budgets,” video series sponsored by Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc. Jen discusses TANs (sometimes also referred to as TRANs, or Tax & Revenue Anticipation Notes). October 2, 2020.
- “Ethics Panel: Marginally Ethical Louisiana Bond Counsel Comes to Pennsylvania,” panelist, Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers 33rd Annual Meeting and Seminar, August 2020.
- “Municipal Bonds Build America,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, August 2017.
- “The SEC Disclosure Rule, MCDC Initiative and Future Compliance” Co-Presented at the County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania Fall Conference, November 2015.
- “The SEC Disclosure Rule, MCDC Initiative and Future Compliance” Co-Presented at the Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association 73rd Annual Conference and Trade Show, August 2015.
- “Post-Issuance Tax Compliance and Continuing Disclosure,” Co-Presented at the Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s CLE Program Trends in Municipal Finance, December 2012.