Daniel N. Reisman
Dan Reisman practices in the areas of real estate, land use, and corporate law.
In his real estate practice, Dan represents buyers, sellers, developers, equity funds, lenders, and brokers in a variety of matters, including the negotiation of leases for various uses, such as retail stores and restaurants; the sale and purchase of residential and commercial property; the negotiation of complex loan documents; the negotiation of construction documents; and the preparation of documents subjecting properties to the condominium and planned community forms of ownership.
In his land use practice, Dan regularly appears before the Philadelphia Zoning Board of Adjustment and other governmental bodies, where he represents owners, developers, private operators, landlords, lessees, businesses, and nonprofits in obtaining various governmental approvals. And in his corporate practice, he represents clients in connection with the negotiation of organizational documents, such as partnership and operating agreements, in partnership disputes, and in fundamental corporate transactions such as asset purchases. He has also developed a niche practice representing nonprofits — including both small, community-based nonprofits and several of the largest nonprofits in the Philadelphia region — in real estate, land use, and corporate matters.
- Representation of developer on the gamut of legal matters relating to the development of condominium and planned community projects throughout Philadelphia, including negotiating the acquisition and loan documents, obtaining zoning variances and other required approvals necessary for construction of projects, preparing the relevant documents subjecting the properties to the condominium or planned community form of ownership, and representing the developer in the sale of individual residential units to the end buyers.
- Representation of developer in connection with adaptive re-use of a 100,000-square-foot warehouse into an educational center using new market tax credit financing, including negotiating the acquisition and loan documents and obtaining zoning variances and other required approvals.
- Representation of large nonprofit in connection with the development of a state-of-the-art job training facility in Northeast Philadelphia.
- Representation of nonprofit in connection with the adaptive re-use of a historic structure into a performing arts center on the Delaware River waterfront, including negotiating the acquisition and loan documents, obtaining street strikings, and obtaining zoning variances and other required governmental approvals.
- Representation of nonprofit providing legal services to low income persons in connection with the development and construction of its state-of-the-art offices in North Philadelphia using new market tax credit financing, including negotiating the acquisition agreement, loan documents, construction contracts, and various other documents with state and local agencies, and obtaining the necessary governmental approvals.
- Representation of developer and agency in connection with obtaining zoning variances and other governmental approvals for the new construction of affordable scattered-site housing.
- Representation of developer in connection with negotiating the acquisition agreement, acquisition financing, and construction financing, and obtaining various governmental approvals, for the new construction of a state-of-the art mixed-use residential and commercial project.
- Representation of prominent Philadelphia restaurateur in connection with the development and operation of restaurants in Philadelphia and other cities.
- Representation of major Philadelphia museum in rendering advice on governmental approval requirements for museum outreach program.
- Representation of developer in connection with acquisition, financing, governmental approvals, and renovations of multifamily rental housing throughout Philadelphia region.
- Representation of real estate equity fund in connection with the purchase of non-performing loans, including negotiating the deed-in-lieu documents.
- Representation of large group of doctors in connection with purchase and financing of interests in two medical office buildings in suburban Philadelphia.
- Representation in land use matters of coalition of businesses opposed to expansion of adult uses in Center City, Philadelphia.
- Yale Association of Real Estate Alumni, Philadelphia Chapter Coordinator
- Lambda Alpha International, an international honorary land economics society, Philadelphia Chapter, Board Member and Past President
- JEVS Human Services Corporate Partners Council, Member
- Haddonfield Zoning Board of Adjustment, Former Member (2005-2012)
- Philadelphia Bar Association Land Use Committee
Awards and Recognition:
- Honored by Community Legal Services of Philadelphia with its 2012 Equal Justice Award for his outstanding contributions to the cause of justice for all.
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
J.D., Yale Law School, Yale University
B.A., summa cum laude, State University of New York at Albany