Brett C. Flower
Brett is an associate in the Labor & Employment Group specializing in advising municipal and public sector clients on all matters of operations. Her career has primarily been focused on administrative law representing municipalities, Commonwealth agencies, and private clients, often before the Pennsylvania appellate courts. A stint outside of the private sector saw Brett as counsel for the Pennsylvania Health Insurance Exchange Authority d/b/a Pennie™ in preparation for, and then during, its inaugural year as the health insurance exchange for the citizens of Pennsylvania. In that time, Brett advised the agency on regulatory compliance, policy matters, and represented the agency before the Department of State defending against customer appeals. Previously, Brett worked for a Camp Hill based law firm in their civil litigation, municipal, and administrative law practice groups.
Prior to pursing a legal career, Brett graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Policy and Planning and a minor in Watershed Management. Passionate about conservation and natural resources, Brett decided to attend law school as the most effective avenue to explore the environmental issues of a modern world. With this background, Brett has concentrated growing her practice in the areas of zoning, real estate, and development.
- Represented a local business owner before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in a worker misclassification issue resulting in the assessment of an unemployment compensation tax deficiency by the Department of Labor & Industry, Office of Unemployment Compensation Tax Services following an audit.
- Succeeded on appeal from the Commonwealth Court to limit short-term rentals under the client-municipality’s zoning ordinance.
- Represented business owners in the sale of real estate and business assets.
- Sought reinstatement of professional licenses before the Commonwealth Court following negative treatment before the respective professional licensure boards.
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Editor, Environmental and Energy Law Section Newsletter, Pennsylvania Bar Association
West Pennsboro Township Planning Commission Member
Awards and Recognition:
- American Bankruptcy Institute 2017 Medal of Excellence recipient
- Secured Transactions 2017 Excellence Award recipient
News and Insights
“Eckert Seamans Assists with Parx Casino’s New Facility in Shippensburg,” February 2023.