Amy Z. Snyder
Amy Snyder represents public and private employers in a variety of labor and employment law matters, including charges before federal, state, and local administrative agencies; federal and state court litigation; and grievance arbitrations. She also counsels clients on personnel actions and compliance issues with federal and state labor and employment laws such as Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, and National Labor Relations Act.
Prior to re-joining private practice, Amy served as manager of labor and employee relations for a large publicly traded corporation that serves as a national defense contractor. Earlier in her legal career, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Edwin M. Kosik of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents clients before administrative agencies and in federal and state court litigation.
- Provides counseling related to employment policies and procedures.
- Prepares and conducts seminars for clients on significant developments in labor and employment laws.
- Bala House Montessori School, Board of Trustees
News and Insights
- “News to Know – Recent Developments in Employment Law” co-presenter, New Jersey Bankers Association, April 2015.
- “Latest Developments in Employer-Related Discrimination Issues,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans Human Resources Forum, April 2014.
- “Handling a Discipline Case,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors Human Resources and Labor Management Institute, December 2013.
J.D., with honors, George Washington University Law School, 2001
B.A., magna cum laude, The Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, 1997