Amy Z. Snyder
Chair, Women's Initiative at Eckert
Amy Snyder works with public and private employers on a wide range of traditional labor and employment law matters. She represents clients in charges before federal, state, and local administrative agencies and federal and state court litigation. She also represents employers in collective bargaining negotiations and grievance arbitrations.
Amy frequently provides counsel to clients on personnel actions. Because of her knowledge of federal and state leave laws and the interactive process under the Americans with Disabilities Act, employers often seek her advice on issues related to leaves of absence and accommodating employees with disabilities. She also advises clients on emerging developments and compliance with employment laws such as the Family and Medical Leave Act, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, and the National Labor Relations Act. She works closely with business leaders and Human Resource professionals to develop and implement employment policies and training tailored to their workplace needs.
Prior to re-joining private practice, Amy served as manager of labor and employee relations for a large publicly traded corporation that serves as a national defense contractor. Earlier in her legal career, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Edwin M. Kosik of the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.
- Represents clients before administrative agencies and in federal and state court litigation.
- Conducts collective bargaining negotiations.
- Provides counseling related to employment policies and procedures.
- Prepares and conducts seminars for clients on significant developments in labor and employment laws.
- Play on Philly, Board Member
- Bala House Montessori School, Board of Trustees
News and Insights
- “Are there downsides to working remotely?” Tribune Content Agency, November 14, 2021.
- “How Private Companies Within the US Can Prepare for the Vaccination Mandate,” Reworked, September 21, 2021.
- “The Implications for Pharmacy of Mandated COVID-19 Vaccinations at Universities,” Pharmacy Times, April 2021.
- “Business as Unusual”: Considerations for Employers in Year Two of the Coronavirus,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Primer Virtual CLE (Part 2), August 3, 2021. (recording)
- “ADA Accommodations and COVID-19 Vaccines: What Employers Need to Know,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans Zoom Webinar, January 21, 2021.
- “News to Know – Recent Developments in Employment Law” co-presenter, New Jersey Bankers Association, April 2015.
- “Latest Developments in Employer-Related Discrimination Issues,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans Human Resources Forum, April 2014.
- “Handling a Discipline Case,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors Human Resources and Labor Management Institute, December 2013.