William P. Breen, Jr.
Bill Breen focuses his practice on business and commercial litigation, product liability, employment, and construction litigation matters. Bill also maintains an appointment as a special assistant attorney general from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in aid of his representation of public entities and officials in constitutional and civil rights litigation.
- Represents businesses, their principals, directors, and officers in substantial business and commercial litigation.
- Represents product manufacturers and sellers in product liability litigation involving, among other products, medical devices and durable medical goods, industrial machinery, heavy equipment, motor vehicles, sporting equipment, textiles, food and beverages, and electronics.
- Represents employers in defense of charges of discrimination, wrongful termination and employee claims in the federal and state courts of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and Connecticut and in the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination (MCAD), New Hampshire Commission For Human Rights, and Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities (CHRO).
- Represents securities broker-dealers and their brokers in disputes before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) and in the federal and state courts.
- Represents insurers and insureds in first-party litigation and in third-party litigation.
- Represents contractors in construction and employment and labor disputes.
- Represents governmental agencies and public officials in defense of constitutional and civil rights claims asserted under federal and state civil rights laws.
- Represents parties on appeal in federal and state appellate courts.
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Risk and Insurance Management Society (RIMS)
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- “Dram Shop Liability in the New England States,” co-presenter, Boston Association of Claims Executives (BACE) Spring Claims Conference, March 2018.
- “Medical Device Litigation,” presented at the 2017 Annual Meeting of the Massachusetts Defense Lawyer Association, June 2017.