Timothy P. Coon
Tim Coon has extensive experience in employment law, including litigation, investigation of complaints of discrimination and/or harassment, employee training, and the drafting of employee policies and manuals. Tim has successfully tried cases involving employment matters in both state and federal courts as well as before the EEOC. His clients have included public and private corporations, governmental bodies, a professional sports league, schools and universities, as well as financial/banking institutions and individuals. In all of his cases, Tim identifies the goals of the client and then takes personal responsibility in trying to achieve what is in the best interest of his clients.
In addition to his experience in employment litigation, Tim has extensive experience in claims involving professional liability, financial markets, civil rights litigation, and complex commercial matters. He has served as national litigation counsel in product liability matters and conducted trials in California, Mississippi, Florida, New Jersey, and New York. With significant experience in medical litigation, Tim has used his knowledge and experience to successfully represent nursing homes and emergency medical service providers in complex litigation. Having taken more than 100 verdicts in his career, Tim is well-versed in courtroom presentation and jury interaction.
- Successfully defended to verdict a manufacturer of aerosol valves against claims of discrimination based on age and sex in federal court.
- Successfully defended to verdict a college against claims of discrimination based on race and gender in federal court.
- Successfully defended to verdict county government and jail personnel against claims of discrimination based on gender together with claims of retaliation in federal court.
- Successfully defended to verdict a manufacturer of ocular implants against product liability claims in Mississippi state court.
- Successfully defended to verdict surgeon against claim of medical malpractice and wrongful death in New York Supreme Court.
- Provided employee training on issue of discrimination-free workplace to a major sports league, financial institutions, and restaurants.
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in New York Metro Super Lawyers
News and Insights
- “Anti-Sexual Harassment Workshop,” presented for the JFK Airport Chamber of Commerce, December 2018.