Stephen A. Bucchianeri
Steve Bucchianeri’s practice covers all aspects of intellectual property law, including the preparation and prosecution of U.S. and foreign patent applications across a wide variety of technical fields, infringement and validity studies, patentability and right-to-use opinions, litigation support, licensing and agreement matters, trademark, trade secret, and copyright issues.
Steve has filed and prosecuted hundreds of patent applications in the United States and, through collaboration with hand-picked counsel licensed in numerous jurisdictions throughout the world, in Canada and throughout Europe, South America, and Asia. Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Steve served as patent counsel for a major agriculture and construction equipment manufacturer. Steve uses his past experience as in-house counsel to develop an understanding of the unique legal and business challenges faced by his clients, recognizing that building a relationship with a client involves much more than just the project at hand.
- Counseled a leading manufacturer of cable management systems and components thereof for use in solar power generation facilities;
- Counseled patent owners in a patent infringement case against a major memory device manufacturer relating to NAND Flash Memory and DRAM devices;
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications and performed opinion work for a leading global healthcare products manufacturer;
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous applications for a leading global cutting tool manufacturer; and
- Counseled clients and prepared and prosecuted patent applications in a wide variety of other technologies including, agricultural equipment, construction equipment, packaging equipment, machine tooling and related systems, consumer products, retail equipment, electrical switching apparatuses, handheld electronic devices, wireless communication systems, computer hardware and software, telecommunication devices and systems, robotic mechanisms, toys, systems and components for nuclear facilities, and new media based computer and business technologies, including Internet-based technologies.
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association
- Monongahela Youth Soccer Association, President
- Ringgold Area Youth Soccer Association, Vice President
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star