Scott A. Bowan
Scott Bowan is a litigator with nearly 20 years of experience representing clients in disputes across the country. He concentrates his practice in the areas of insurance recovery, construction litigation, and commercial litigation.
Scott has extensive expertise representing policyholders in insurance recovery disputes. His matters have involved property damage claims, asbestos liabilities, environmental claims, product liabilities, product recall losses, water damage claims, and aviation losses.
Scott also has broad experience representing clients in general litigation matters, including contract disputes, construction cases, and complex commercial litigation.
Scott has appeared in numerous state and federal courts and has represented clients in both domestic and international arbitrations.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott was a partner in the Pittsburgh office of an international Am Law 100 firm.
Scott is a former law clerk to the Honorable Richard L. Nygaard of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also worked as the Director of Research for a United States Senate campaign and was a legal intern in the House Judiciary Committee of the United States Congress.
- Representation of an equipment supplier in a 40-day bench trial in Texas state court in a dispute involving municipal wastewater treatment plant owner, contractor, engineer, and supplier-client resulting in a complete defense verdict for supplier-client where its potential liability was in excess of $20 million.
- Representation of a municipal authority for insurance coverage relating to property damage at a wastewater treatment plant resulting in a multi-million dollar settlement.
- Representation of an oilfield logistics company in defending an employment discrimination claim resulting in a dismissal of all claims.
- Representation of a provider of integrated communication technology solutions in a contractual dispute with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs resulting in a successful settlement.
- Representation of an information technology systems and network integration company in a dispute regarding a communications system in a medical facility resulting in complete recovery.
- Representation of a supplier to the nuclear power industry in recovering damages caused by the termination of a purchase order with an energy producer.
- Representation of a commercial tenant in a real estate dispute resulting in a successful settlement.
- Representation of a developer of renewable energy facilities in construction disputes relating to the construction of biogas plants.
- Representation of a private aircraft owner and operator in insurance coverage litigation for property damage caused by an aviation accident.
- Representation of a global mining and material processing company in a commercial dispute with a supplier.
- Representation of a major financial institution in appellate proceedings before the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Representation of a general contractor in a dispute involving pre-construction services relating to development of a sports facility.
- Representation of numerous policyholders in various litigation and arbitration matters relating to insurance coverage for asbestos-related liabilities resulting in substantial recoveries.
- Representation of a construction company in an international arbitration relating to a solar thermal power project.
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Association
News and Insights
- “Litigation lesson: Wrongly redacting for relevance,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Spring 2023.
- “Court reminds contractors to comply with insurance policy conditions,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Summer 2022.