Scott A. Bowan
Scott Bowan concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, insurance recovery, contract law, and construction litigation.
Scott has represented policyholders in a wide variety of contexts, including property damage claims, asbestos liabilities, environmental claims, product liabilities, product recall losses, water damage losses, and aviation losses.
He also has broad experience representing clients in commercial litigation matters, including commercial disputes, complex commercial litigation, and construction disputes, in numerous state and federal courts, and in both domestic and international arbitrations.
Prior to joining the firm, Scott was a partner in the Pittsburgh office of an international Am Law 100 firm.
Scott is a former law clerk to the Honorable Richard L. Nygaard of the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He also worked as the Director of Research for a United States Senate campaign and was a legal intern in the House Judiciary Committee of the United States Congress.
- Represents municipal authority in a multi-million dollar claim for insurance coverage relating to property damage at a wastewater treatment plant.
- Represented provider of integrated communication technology solutions in a contractual dispute with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Represents global mining and material processing company in commercial dispute with a supplier.
- Represented supplier to nuclear power industry in recovering damages caused by the termination of a purchase order with an energy producer.
- Represents international manufacturer of power equipment in an insurance claim for damage to equipment at a renewable energy facility.
- Represented developer of renewable energy facilities in construction disputes relating to the construction of biogas plants.