Robert P. Morgan
Bob Morgan began his career serving on active duty in the U.S. Army as a criminal prosecutor, trial defense counsel and appellate lawyer. Prior to joining Eckert Seamans in 1998, he was Assistant General Counsel at Westinghouse Electric Corporation, responsible for the defense of its product litigation throughout the United States. At Eckert Seamans, he has continued to focus on product liability and mass tort litigation, including trial defense, national defense strategy, corporate and expert witness development, and the management and resolution of complex litigation.
- Experience defending clients in numerous state and federal courts in cases involving a variety of subjects, including asbestos, PCBs, pharmaceuticals, electrical equipment, radiation, construction claims, and premises liability.
- Acted as national and regional coordinating counsel and advised clients in mass tort litigation as to overall litigation strategy, witness development, trial defense, and resolution.
- Developed effective litigation management solutions for clients, focusing on enhancing financial controls, resource development, communication, and the use of technology.
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association Board of Directors, Member and Past President
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Outreach Teen and Family Services, Board of Directors
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell