Richard K. Dandrea
Rick Dandrea is chair of the firm’s Life Sciences Group. He concentrates his practice in the field of product liability defense, with a particular emphasis upon pharmaceutical claims. He litigates a wide range of commercial matters, and has tried commercial and product liability cases in a number of courts. A significant portion of Rick’s work includes defending clients against product liability claims involving exposure to workplace chemicals. He also represents defendants in product liability cases involving manufacturers of such commercial products as chain saws, ladders, industrial equipment, and motorcycle helmets.
- Greater Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce, Product Liability Committee
- Penn State University, Board of Trustees and at-large member of the Executive Committee
- Penn State University Schreyer Honors College, Advisory Board Member
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Red Cross, Former Member of the Board of Directors and Chair of the Nominating Committee
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America – Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants; Product Liability Litigation – Defendants
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- Author of the chapter on Pennsylvania law in a 50-state treatise on products liability published by West Publishing Company.
- “Guide to the Individual Practices and Procedures of the Judges of the Western District of Pennsylvania,” co-author, publication of the Federal Court Section of the Allegheny County Bar Association.
- Author of product liability and toxic tort defense articles in BNA’s Toxics Law Reporter.
- “Alternative Billing Arrangements,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans’ CLE, August 2010.
- Lecturer on civil litigation topics for the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Law Seminars, Inc., the Law & Science Institute, and the Allegheny County Bar Association.