Nathaniel C. Wilks
Nate Wilks has over a decade of experience representing clients in all aspects of intellectual property law. He is a registered patent attorney with extensive experience preparing and prosecuting patent applications domestically and managing procurement of patents worldwide. Nate also counsels clients with respect to intellectual property and technology-related disputes, infringement, validity, right-to-use, and patentability issues. He has represented clients in patent infringement litigation in the federal district and appellate courts as well as in Inter-Partes Review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Nate assists clients with intellectual property matters related to a wide variety of technologies with an emphasis in the electrical arts, including electrical distribution and protection equipment; semiconductor devices; DRAM and flash memory; smart home devices; anti-counterfeiting measures; printers and copiers; electronic displays; audio and video signal processing; mobile phones; computer networking; telecommunications; digital rights management; medical imaging; respiratory therapy devices; safety equipment; nuclear reactor technologies; artificial intelligence and machine learning applications.
Prior to attending law school, Nate worked as an electrical engineer in the aerospace industry, where he developed antenna systems for unmanned aircraft.
- Counsel for patent owners in multiple patent infringement cases against major memory device manufacturer relating to NAND Flash Memory and DRAM devices;
- Provided product clearance/right to use counseling and prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications for a safety equipment manufacturer in connection with the release of multiple products;
- Prepared and prosecuted numerous patent applications for a global electrical component manufacturer, coordinated worldwide patent procurement, and performed freedom-to-operate, validity, and infringement opinion work; and
- Represented major consumer electronics manufacturer in domestic prosecution of numerous patent applications.
News and Insights
- The Applicability of the Patent Marking Statute to Software Patents,” Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal, July 2009.