Marc S. Stein
Board of Directors
Chair, Public Finance
Marc Stein focuses his practice in public finance. He represents varied clients, including state agencies and authorities; borrowers, including corporate and 501(c)(3) entities; investment banks; municipalities and school districts; industrial development authorities; municipal authorities; corporate trustees; commercial lenders; and swap counterparties. Marc recently served as bond counsel to a water authority in a transaction that involved the borrowing of funds for capital projects, the refunding of six series of outstanding bonds, and the creation of a new trust indenture that replaced a bond resolution originally drafted in 1939. He serves as bond counsel or 501(c)(3) counsel to numerous colleges and universities.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel to Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Authority for $183.9 million tax revenue bonds (Series 2012A) with $40.4 million tax revenue bonds (Series 2012B).
- Served as underwriter’s counsel to State Public School Building Authority for $477.2 million aggregate principal amount federally taxable revenue bonds, qualified school construction bonds – direct subsidy, and qualified zone academy bonds – direct subsidy.
- Served as co-special counsel to PHEAA Student Loan Trust 2011-1 for $1.67 billion student loan asset-backed notes, Series of 2011-1.
- Served as bond counsel to Chester Water Authority for $63.7 million water revenue bonds, Series of 2014.
- Served as special counsel to the borrower Northampton County General Purpose Authority with respect to higher education fixed rate revenue bonds (Lehigh University), for $66.1 million.
- Served as special counsel to borrower Montgomery County Industrial Development Authority with respect to revenue bonds (The Baldwin School), for $18.1 million.
- Delaware County Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers, Member and Past President
- West Point Parent’s Club of Southeastern Pennsylvania, Past Vice President
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America – Municipal Law and Public Finance Law
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2016 “Municipal Law Lawyer of the Year” in Philadelphia
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2015 “Public Finance Law Lawyer of the Year” in Philadelphia
News and Insights
- “Municipal Official Found Guilty of Securities Fraud in Connection with the Issuance of Municipal Bonds” , The Authority Magazine, December 2017.
- “An Overview of P3 Transactions,” Construction Executive Risk Management, November 2016.
- “Eckert Seamans adds five to Harrisburg office,” The Bond Buyer, January 9, 2018.
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
J.D., Delaware Law School, 1984
B.A., cum laude, Dickinson College, 1980