Marc S. Stein
Chair, Public Finance
Marc Stein focuses his practice in public finance. He represents varied clients, including state agencies and authorities; borrowers, including corporate and 501(c)(3) entities; investment banks; municipalities and school districts; industrial development authorities; municipal authorities; corporate trustees; commercial lenders; and swap counterparties. Marc recently served as bond counsel to a water authority in a transaction that involved the borrowing of funds for capital projects, the refunding of six series of outstanding bonds, and the creation of a new trust indenture that replaced a bond resolution originally drafted in 1939. He serves as bond counsel or 501(c)(3) counsel to numerous colleges, universities and institutions of higher education.
- Served as underwriter’s counsel to Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Authority for $183.9 million tax-exempt revenue bonds and $40.4 million taxable revenue bonds.
- Served as bond counsel to Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency with regard to its $47,470,000 aggregate principal amount Loan Revenue Bonds, Series 2020A and Subordinate Series 2020B.
- Served as special counsel to a 501(c)(3) borrower with respect to its direct issuance of Taxable Bonds, Series of 2020 ($150,000,000) and a $50,000,000 line of credit.
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers, Member and Past President
- Past Vice President, West Point Parent’s Club of Southeastern Pennsylvania
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America – Municipal Law and Public Finance Law
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2016 “Municipal Law Lawyer of the Year” in Philadelphia
- Named Best Lawyers’ 2015 “Public Finance Law Lawyer of the Year” in Philadelphia
News and Insights
- “Client Alert Fact Sheet: Federal Qualified Opportunity Zones,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, March 20, 2018.
- “Municipal Official Found Guilty of Securities Fraud in Connection with the Issuance of Municipal Bonds,” The Authority Magazine, December 2017.
- “An Overview of P3 Transactions,” Construction Executive Risk Management, November 2016.
- “Eckert Seamans adds five to Harrisburg office,” The Bond Buyer, January 9, 2014.