Lauren M. Burge
Lauren Burge concentrates her practice in the areas of utilities and telecommunications matters. She assists clients with administrative proceedings, regulatory compliance, and policy advocacy.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Lauren served as an assistant consumer advocate in the Pennsylvania Office of Consumer Advocate, representing the interests of utility consumers before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission in cases involving electric, natural gas, water, and wastewater utilities.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Public Utility Law Section, Vice Chair
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Environment and Energy Law Section
- Friends of the Riverfront, Board Member
- Name Change Project, Pro Bono Attorney
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2024 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Communications Law
News and Insights
- “Illinois Commerce Commission Approves Settlement Including Two-Year Marketing and Enrollment Stand Down Period and $300,000 Payment By Retail Energy Supplier,” Eckert Seamans’ Energy Supplier Litigation Blog, September 9, 2021.
- “Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision may lead to an increased litigation risk for energy suppliers,” Eckert Seamans’ Energy Supplier Litigation Blog, March 1, 2021.