Kevin M. Skjoldal
Kevin Skjoldal concentrates his practice on labor and employment law and commercial litigation matters. He represents management and employers in matters involving all types of labor and employment issues, including employee discipline, grievance arbitrations, and employment-related litigation. Kevin also handles commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, representing clients from a variety of businesses and industries, including manufacturing, financial services, construction, and education.
Prior to joining the firm, Kevin served as judicial law clerk to the Honorable J. Michael Eakin of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Conducted internal investigation of high-ranking employees on behalf of public employer.
- Handled employee disciplinary matters for school districts pursuant to the Pennsylvania Public School Code.
- Served as special labor counsel to municipal employers at county, city, borough, and township levels.
- Represented employers in federal and state courts in employment-related litigation.
- Represented clients in complex commercial contract disputes.
- Represented financial institutions in matters involving breach of contract, fraud, and consumer credit protection laws.
- Served as Special Labor Counsel for Eastern Pennsylvania by the Society of County Human Resources Professionals of Pennsylvania.
- Represented public entity in construction litigation concerning multimillion-dollar retrofit of waste-to-energy facility.
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates, Former Delegate
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Former Treasurer
- Federal Bar Association, Middle District of Pennsylvania Chapter
- Manufacturers’ Association of South Central Pennsylvania
- Alumni Society of The Dickinson School of Law of The Pennsylvania State University, Board of Directors
- Homeless Outreach Project, Volunteer Lawyer
- Easter Seals Central Pennsylvania, Volunteer Youth Soccer Coach
- National MS Society – Central Pennsylvania 2011 Leadership Council
- National MS Society – Central Pennsylvania Leadership Class of 2010
Awards and Recognition:
- Named as a “2015 Lawyer on the Fast Track” by The Legal Intelligencer
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “Summer School is in Session: What Pennsylvania School Districts Need to Know About ESSER Relief Funds,” presenter, Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, June 2021.
- “Drafting and Enforcing Pennsylvania Non-Compete Agreements,” Manufacturers’ Association of South Central Pennsylvania, October 2014.
- “Are We on the Clock? – A Guide to the Fair Labor Standards Act,” co-presenter, Manufacturers’ Association of South Central Pennsylvania, April 2014.
- “Mock Interest and Grievance Arbitrations,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs’ 2014 Annual Conference, April 2014.