Jon Nadler represents employers at all stages of labor and employment law matters, including litigation in federal and state courts, arbitration, and mediation. He also represents employers in matters before federal and state administrative agencies, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the National Labor Relations Board. In addition, Jon counsels employers on a wide range of workplace issues, including hiring, discipline and discharge, reductions-in-force, drug testing, wage and hour issues, computer and Internet usage, union-management relations, and compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and other employment laws.
Jon previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable George P. Kazen of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- Defense of multi-plaintiff and single-plaintiff claims under the ADA, Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), FMLA, Title VII, and similar laws in federal and state courts and before the EEOC and other administrative agencies.
- Designs and provides training on a variety of workplace issues, including prevention, investigation, and remediation of claims of harassment, retaliation, and discrimination.
- Defense of whistleblower claims under federal and state law, including the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Conducts and advises employers on internal investigations.
- Represents employers in union organizing campaigns, including litigation of representation petitions, defense of unfair labor practice charges, campaign strategy, and post-election objections.
- Negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, including first contracts.
- Arbitration of discipline and contract interpretation grievances.
- Manages preparation and response for strikes and other work stoppages, including securing injunctions necessary for continuation of operations and post-strike litigation.
- Counsels employers on labor and employment aspects of corporate transactions including purchase/sale of unionized facilities, WARN Act issues, and executive employment agreements.
- Represents employers in ERISA litigation, including claims for denial of benefits, breach of fiduciary duty, and disputes involving multiemployer funds.
- Labor and Employment Relations Association, Philadelphia Chapter, President (2008-09), Board Member (2005-08, 2010)
News and Insights
- “5 Takeaways from NLRB V. Noel Canning,” Law360, June 2014.The Developing Labor Law, Contributing Editor.
- “If Obama Wins, Corporate America Should Brace for Crackdown on Use of Independent Contractors,” Forbes, October 2012.
- “What Employers Should Expect if Obama Wins Re-Election,” Forbes, October 2012.
- “What Employers Should Expect if Romney is Victorious,” Forbes, October 2012.
- “Recent Significant NLRB Decisions” , Eckert Seamans' Labor & Employment Alert, January 2018.
- “Pay Equity: Governor Signs California Fair Pay Act,” Bloomberg BNA, October 2015.
- “Mixed Interpretations of Mach Mining Decision,” Human Resource Executive (online) , May 2015.
- “Employment Regulators to Stay Bold in Obama’s 2d Term,” Law360, October 2012.
- “Obama Taps Liebman to Head NLRB,” Law360, January 2009.
- “Bush NLRB Nominees Scrutinized By Dems,” Law360, January 2008.
- “Union Organizing Under New NLRB Rules,” presenter for the Pennsylvania Bar Institute 2016 Labor Law Symposium, November 2016.
- “Latest Developments in Employer-Related Discrimination Issues,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans Human Resources Forum, April 2014.
- “The National Labor Relations Board Update,” Eckert Seamans Human Resources Forum, April 2014.
- “Everything You Need to Know about Employee Handbooks,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors Human Resources and Labor Management Institute, December 2013.
- “Hot Issues in Social Media — Handling Gripe Content,” co-presenter, Pennsylvania Bar Institute’s 19th Annual Business Lawyers Institute, November 2013.
- “Handling the 800-Pound Gorilla – Benefits in Collective Bargaining,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Labor Law Symposium, November 2008.
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1997
B.A., with distinction, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991