Jessica L. Reno
Jessica focuses her practice on general litigation, including products liability, professional negligence, employment discrimination and complex commercial litigation matters. Jessica also works with the defense team in Pennsylvania and Delaware that represents churches, schools and youth organizations in the defense of lawsuits alleging institutional liability for acts of childhood sexual abuse. She is involved in all areas of case management and phases of litigation, from inception through trial. She has handled matters and argued before state trial and federal courts in Delaware, including arguing many successful dispositive motions before the trial courts.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Jessica was an associate at a national litigation firm where she represented local, regional and national clients in all aspects of litigation. She has effectively and aggressively defended her clients at depositions, in discovery disputes, and in motions practice.
Prior to joining private practice, Jessica served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable John A. Parkins, Jr. of the Delaware Superior Court. As a law clerk, Jessica was responsible for drafting opinions, orders and bench memoranda on a broad range of civil and criminal issues. While attending law school, Jessica focused her studies on trial advocacy and was a member of both the Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society and Moot Court Honor Society. Jessica also has experience representing victims of domestic violence in Delaware’s Family Court.
Jessica has been named a Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for three consecutive years from 2021-2023 for Commercial Litigation.
- Counsel for large national company regarding matters of general liability.
- Represented various companies and corporations manufacturing an assortment of different products and equipment, including, industrial, commercial, and residential steam generating equipment, industrial valves, pumps, and piping systems, commercial and residential construction supplies, aftermarket automotive parts, HVAC equipment, and commercial and residential electrical equipment and products.
- Represented employers and premises owners in multi-million-dollar disputes.
- Counsel for multiple medical providers and hospitals in professional liability actions in Delaware courts.
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
News and Insights
- “Opioid Trial Client Alert: Defense Verdict for Distributors,” Eckert Seamans’ Mass Tort Litigation Update, March 8, 2023.
- “Chancery Court Interprets Contractual Indemnification Clause,” co-author, Delaware Business Court Insider, April 2019.
- “Pennsylvania Frye Test Precludes Two Experts from Testifying in Cashmere Bouquet Talc Case,” Defense Litigation Insider, October 2017.
- “Daimler Ruling’s Crucial Role in Recent Delaware Court Decision,” Defense Litigation Insider, November 2016.
Jessica spends her free time enjoying the outdoors with her husband and daughters. She grew up in the restaurant industry and enjoys cooking for family and friends. Prior to becoming a lawyer, she was an avid golfer and looks forward to the day when she can show her daughters the ropes on the course.