Jessica L. Reno
Jessica focuses her practice on mass tort and general litigation matters. Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Jessica was an associate at a national litigation firm where she represented local, regional and national clients in all aspects of litigation from inception through completion. She has effectively and aggressively defended her clients at depositions, in discovery disputes, and in motions practice.
Prior to joining private practice, Jessica served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable John A. Parkins, Jr. of the Delaware Superior Court. As a law clerk, Jessica was responsible for drafting opinions, orders and bench memoranda on a broad range of civil and criminal issues. While attending law school, Jessica focused her studies on trial advocacy and was a member of both the Moe Levine Trial Advocacy Honor Society and Moot Court Honor Society. Jessica also has experience representing victims of domestic violence in Delaware’s Family Court.
- Delaware State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation
News and Insights
- “Chancery Court Interprets Contractual Indemnification Clause,” co-author, Delaware Business Court Insider, April 2019.
- “Pennsylvania Frye Test Precludes Two Experts from Testifying in Cashmere Bouquet Talc Case,” Defense Litigation Insider, October 2017.
- “Daimler Ruling’s Crucial Role in Recent Delaware Court Decision,” Defense Litigation Insider, November 2016.
Jessica spends her free time enjoying the outdoors with her husband and daughter. She grew up in the restaurant industry and enjoys cooking meals for family and friends. Prior to becoming a lawyer, she was an avid golfer and looks forward to the day when she can show her daughter the ropes on the course.