Gretchen N. Panchik
Gretchen Panchik focuses her practice on a broad range of commercial litigation matters. Her practice areas include insurance recovery, mass tort litigation, and contract disputes.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Gretchen served as an assistant district attorney for the Allegheny County District Attorney’s Office, where she wrote appellate briefs and argued in the Pennsylvania Superior Court on a wide variety of cases. She previously served as a law clerk to the Honorable Michael T. Clark of the Indiana County Court of Common Pleas.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Saint Vincent College Law Society, Secretary
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Armstrong County Bar Association Scholarship, 2015
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Academic Scholarships
- Saint Vincent College, Academic Scholarships
News and Insights
- “REAs may count as “claims” under the Constracts Disputes Act, according to a recent Federal Circuit decision,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Fall 2022.
- “Business Interruption Insurance: Litigation and Legislative Update,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update April 22, 2020.
- “Exculpatory clauses in engineering contracts: Void against public policy in West Virginia,” Eckert Seamans’ Construction Law Update, Winter 2019.
- “An Eckert Seamans Tribute to Ruth Bader Ginsburg,” panelist, October 20, 2020.