Elizabeth Wilson focuses her practice in the area of cybersecurity, data protection and privacy. She has extensive experience advising on data privacy and banking secrecy laws affecting financial institutions in North America, South America, and the Caribbean. Elizabeth also has experience identifying legally compliant and practical solutions on data and privacy matters surrounding new business ventures, regulatory and investigations requests, HR data inquiries, storage of personal information on cloud plat-forms, and utilization of AI, among other matters. In addition, Elizabeth advises on data privacy policies, processes, and training materials, as well as develops data privacy contract language and client agreements.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Elizabeth served as Vice President, General Counsel, Legal Tech & Data Protection – Americas Head at Credit Suisse Securities (USA) LLC. Previously, Elizabeth held the role of Global Data Protection Officer, Compliance Officer, and Senior Inside Counsel at Clinipace, Inc. (now Caidya).
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
Awards and Recognition:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Certification (CIPP) – US
- Certified Information Privacy Professional Certification (CIPP) – EU
News and Insights
- “State Privacy Bingo,” Eckert Seamans’ Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Update, August 2023.
- “New Privacy Civil Litigation Trends in the United States,” Eckert Seamans’ Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Update, June 28, 2023.
- “Proposed SEC Cybersecurity Risk Governance Rules for Public Companies,” Eckert Seamans’ Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Update, June 27, 2023.
- “The New Colorado and California Privacy Regulations Are Finalized: How Do They Compare?” Eckert Seamans’ Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Update, April 25, 2023.
- “Final NYC Rules on the Use of Automated Employment Decision Tools Published – Enforcement Delayed until July 5, 2023,” Eckert Seamans’ Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Update, April 25, 2023.
- “U.S. Department of Treasury Reports Highlights Pitfalls of Using Cloud Platforms: Treasury Sets Up New Interagency Cloud Services Steering Committee,” Eckert Seamans’ Cybersecurity, Data Protection & Privacy Update, February 2023.
- “Massachusetts Gaming Commission Issues Emergency Privacy and Security Regulations on the Gaming and Sports Betting Industry,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, February 13, 2023.
- “Eckert Seamans Elevates Three Senior Counsel to Members,” June 2023.
- “Eckert Seamans Strengthens Cybersecurity, Data Protection, & Privacy Practice with Addition of Senior Attorney Elizabeth Wilson,” January 2023
- “General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and EMA Policy 0070 – Linkage and Overlaps,” EMWA Expert Seminar Series, May 2018 (co-presenter).
Elizabeth enjoys spending time with her husband, son and dog. Elizabeth also enjoys playing the piano and guitar.