David P. Skand
David Skand is a litigator who has handled complex matters in state, federal, and U.S. bankruptcy courts as well as New Jersey’s Office of Administrative Law. In addition to trying these cases, David also has extensive appellate court experience. He previously served as a deputy attorney general with the New Jersey Attorney General’s office, where he represented, among other state agencies, the State Treasury Department. In that role, he served as counsel to the Public Employees’ Retirement System, the Police and Fireman’s Retirement System, and handled public employee pension litigation. In representing creditors, David has collected debts owed to major casinos, prosecuted foreclosures, handled replevins, and successfully litigated competing lien claims.
- Successfully defended the denial of an accidental disability pension to a state employee struck by a dump truck while working.
- Recovered debt owed to a casino from the estate of a deceased debtor, who had fraudulently transferred assets prior to her death.
- Collected a commercial debt involving the pursuit of a “Ne Exeat” writ against a debtor trying to move funds out of the state.
- Compelled an insurer to defend and indemnify a client whose title company had fraudulently failed to satisfy a prior mortgage at closing, including repayment of the client’s attorney’s fees.
- Obtained a complete dismissal of all malpractice claims against an attorney whose former divorce client sought $11 million in damages.
- New Jersey State Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as a “Top Lawyer” by South Jersey Magazine
News and Insights
- “Eckert Seamans Elevates Three Senior Counsel to Members,” June 2023.