David J. Mayernik
Dave Mayernik focuses his practice in the firm’s Government Affairs Group. He is also a member of the firm’s Regulated Substances Group, a multidisciplinary team of lawyers and government affairs professionals who advise clients establishing and operating businesses involved in the financing, manufacturing, processing, distribution, marketing, and retail sale of marijuana for medical use where authorized by state law. Dave helps client navigate licensing and other complex legal and regulatory issues surrounding the fast-growing business of medical cannabis.
- Served as a member of the Pennsylvania General Assembly for two decades.
- Former 10-term member of the Judiciary Committee.
- Formerly seated on the House Appropriations Committee.
- Served on 13 standing committees, serving as chairman of two.
- Boasts 11 prime sponsored bills and 21 amendments signed into law by four governors.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Allegheny County Executive Fitzgerald’s Intergovernmental Cooperation Vision Team
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Board of Visitors
- The Pennsylvania Society
- Informational Technology Committee, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Pittsburgh/Allegheny County Airport Authority Board, Former Vice Chairman; Operating and Facilities Committee, Former Chair
- University of Pittsburgh, Former Member of the Board of Trustees
- Marian Hall Home, Inc. (nonprofit), Former Member of the Board of Directors
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Former Board Member
- University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public and International Affairs, Adjunct Professor
- Allegheny County Police Academy, Former Instructor
News and Insights
- “Budget and Building Construction Legislative Issues,” presentation to the Building Owners and Managers Association, February 2017.
- “Balancing Safety, Justice and Privacy: Body-Worn Cameras, Forensic Evidence and the Right to Know,” co-presenter for Duquesne University ‘s Cyril H. Wecht Institute of Forensic Science and Law program, January 2017.
- “Pennsylvania Constitutional Issues and the Legislative Process,” Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, September 2015.
- “The Rules of the Game: Complying with State and Local Lobbyists Disclosure and Campaign Finance Law,” co-presenter, Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education Seminar, August 2010.