Carson M. Shea
Carson Shea focuses his practice in commercial litigation in state and federal courts. He also advises and defends clients in employment and product liability matters.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Carson practiced with a Boston firm where he defended clients in product liability and commercial litigation cases throughout New England. He also served as a judicial law clerk to the Justices of the Massachusetts Superior Court. During law school, Carson was a senior staff editor of the Northeastern University Law Journal and served as a judicial intern to Chief Justice Scheier of the Massachusetts Land Court.
- Represents businesses and individuals in non-compete and non-solicitation issues.
- Defends financial institutions in various matters related to mortgages and loan servicing.
- Litigates inter-entity disputes, including close corporations and partnerships.
- Defends product manufacturers and distributors in product liability litigation.
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Rhode Island Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
News and Insights
- “Hospital Liability, Independent Physician Groups, and Captive Insurance,” co-author, Professional Liability Defense Quarterly, Vol. 9, Issue 3, 2017.
- “Rule 26 Expert Discovery: The Privileges Afforded to Expert/Attorney Communications,” co-author, FDCC Insights, December 2016.
- Youth Basketball Coach (Town Travel and AAU)
- Boston Celtics and New England Patriots fan
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
J.D., Northeastern University School of Law, 2015
B.A., cum laude, Stonehill College, 2012