Bryce R. Beard
Bryce focuses his practice on administrative litigation predominately before the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC) representing utilities including electric and natural gas distribution, electric and natural gas suppliers, water and wastewater, and transportation. Bryce has represented clients in multi-party complaint proceedings, has attained significant rate increases for clients through both litigated and settled rate case proceedings, has successfully defended application to begin service against protests, has advised utilities in merger and acquisition proceedings, and has gained extensive working knowledge of all facets of administrative practice before the PUC.
Prior to joining Eckert Seamans, Bryce gained significant experience at a Harrisburg based, PUC focused boutique law firm representing regulated parties. Bryce also previously interned with the Pennsylvania Office of General Counsel as a certified legal intern with the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, Southcentral Regional Office and the Department’s Bureau of Regulatory Counsel.
Bryce is currently the Treasurer of the Public Utility Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, and actively advances the Law Section’s goals, programs, and membership.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Public Utility Law Section – Secretary 2023-2024 term; Treasurer, 2022-2023; Council Member, 2020-2022
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Environmental and Energy Law Section
- James S. Bowman American Inn of Court, Associate Group Leader, 2017-2020
- Dauphin County Bar Association
Awards and Recognition:
- The Order of Barristers
- Dickinson Law 2018 National Trial Team
- Dickinson Law Moot Court Board
News and Insights
- “FCC Determines Ringless Voicemail is Subject to the TCPA, Requires Express Consumer Consent,” Eckert Seamans’ Telecomm Blog, November 23, 2022.
In his free time, Bryce enjoys travel, scuba diving, golf, skiing, and cooking with a particular focus on smoking and curing meats.