Bridget E. Montgomery
Board of Directors
Bridget Montgomery handles a wide variety of complex commercial and class action disputes before state and federal courts, agencies, and arbitration panels. Bridget’s practice includes contracts counseling and litigation, construction disputes, financial transactions, trade secrets and intellectual property counseling and litigation, shareholder and partnership disputes, consumer protection, non-competition, statutory claims, and constitutional challenges.
Bridget served two terms as a federal law clerk in the United States Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, and from there went on to build a federal and state practice representing business interests of many companies and individuals in various jurisdictions, including counseling, mediation, and litigation services. She is recognized for her legal skills as well as service to the bench, bar, and community. Bridget is a graduate of The Pennsylvania State University and University of Pennsylvania Law School, where she served as editor-in-chief of the Penn Law/Wharton Comparative Labor Law Journal.
- Representation and counseling of publicly traded international manufacturing company in numerous business disputes, including contract, trade secrets, non-compete, premises liability, and real estate disputes.
- Representation and counseling of international vehicle rental company in numerous business disputes, including class actions, contract, real estate, and consumer protection disputes.
- Representation of various companies in trademark and patent disputes.
- Representation and counseling of various companies related to non-compete agreements and employment-related issues.
- Representation of various companies, partners, members, and shareholders in partnership, member, and shareholder disputes.
- Representation of financial institutions, including lender liability, unauthorized access to accounts, and 4,300-member class action related to customer accounts.
- Representation and counseling of various companies related to disputes over financial transactions and business ventures, including joint ventures, real estate investment and development, construction, lending transactions, and bond transactions.
- Chair, Widener University Commonwealth Law School’s Veterans Initiative
- Merit Selection Panel Member, United States District Court of the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals Lawyers Advisory Committee, 2016-2018
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Task Force on Judicial Conduct Code, Co-Chair
- Federal Bar Association, Third Circuit Vice President
- Continuing Legal Education Committee, Middle District Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, Chair
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Committee on Rules of Evidence, Past Chair and Member
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Appellate Rules Committee, Past Member
- Middle District Chapter of Federal Bar Association, Past President
- Middle District Court’s Lawyer’s Advisory Committee, Past Chair and Member
- Third Circuit Court of Appeal Lawyers Advisory Committee, Past Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Federal Practice Committee, Past Vice-Chair
- Pennsylvania Bar Association House of Delegates, Past Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Selection and Administration Committee, Past Chair and Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association Judicial Candidates Ratings Reform Committee and Judicial Campaign Advertising Committee, Past Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Past Director
- Central Pennsylvania Food Bank
- Fund Development Committee, Member
- Board and Executive Committee, Past Member
- Martin Luther King Community Center, Board Member
- Harrisburg Public Schools Foundation, Board Member
- Samara, Inc., Board Member
- Rotary Club of Harrisburg
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers for General Commercial Litigation
- Recognized by Harrisburg Magazine as a “Legal Leader” in Central Pennsylvania
- 2013 Outstanding Service Award, Federal Bar Association, for service as the Third Circuit Vice President and for continuing legal education efforts
- YWCA of Greater Harrisburg 2010 Woman of Excellence
- 2009 Outstanding Service Award, United States District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
News and Insights
- “Federal DTSA: New Weapon in the Battle to Protect Trade Secrets,” The Legal Intelligencer, May 2016.
- Middle District Manual (Now in Tenth Edition), Co-Originator and Editor.
- “PBA Proposes Changes to Judicial Conduct Code,” The Legal Intelligencer, May 21, 2013.
- “Federal Trial Practice and Advocacy in the Middle District of Pennsylvania,” co-presenter, PBI CLE, 2018.
- “Getting to Know the Middle District of Pennsylvania: A Roundtable Discussion with the United States Attorney, Federal Public Defender, and Judges of the MDPA,” moderator, The Middle District of Pennsylvania Chapter of The Federal Bar Association, 2018.
- “Welcome to the Practice of Law: Stuff They Don’t Tell You In Law School,” presenter, Dauphin County Courthouse, November 2014.
- “It’s a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder,” panelist, Pennsylvania Bar Association Commission on Women in the Profession Annual Conference, May 2014.
- “Overcoming Obstacles to Success,” panelist, Pennsylvania Bar Association Women in the Profession annual retreat, November 2013.
- “United States Supreme Court Watch: Highlights of the 2012-2013 Term,” Dauphin County Bar Association CLE, August 2013.
- “Civil and Criminal Pretrial Evidentiary Hearings: Beyond the Basics,” planner and moderator, The Middle District of PA Chapter of the Federal Bar Association and The Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Federal Practice Committee CLE, June 2013.
- “Trial Practice and Advocacy in the Federal Middle District of Pennsylvania,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute CLE, October 2012.