Alexandra D. Rogin is a litigator who focuses her practice on professional liability and complex commercial litigation, including matters involving professional negligence, breach of contract, business torts, financial services, fraud, and products liability. Alexandra’s practice includes a particular emphasis on the representation of businesses, health care providers, and medical innovators in complex legal actions. She is involved in all areas of case management and phases of litigation. She has handled matters and argued before both trial and appellate level state and federal courts in Delaware and Pennsylvania, including successfully arguing before the Delaware Supreme Court.
Before joining private practice, Alexandra served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Sherry R. Fallon of the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware, home to one of the largest patent dockets in the country. As a clerk for the federal court system, Alexandra gained inside experience relevant to businesses, innovators, and professionals, which she has since been able to transfer into her private practice.
In law school, Alexandra served as the managing editor of the Drexel Law Review.
- Counsel for national healthcare conglomerate on matters involving business counseling and litigation.
- Counsel for international company on matters involving commercial litigation in federal court.
- Counsel for multiple medical providers and hospitals in professional liability and contract actions in Pennsylvania and Delaware courts.
- Counsel for international businesses in earn out, indemnification, and advancement litigation in the Delaware Chancery Court.
- Counsel for medical innovators in nationwide medical device and pharmaceutical litigation.
- Counsel for businesses in patent litigation in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware.
- Counsel for businesses and financial institutions with respect to bankruptcy litigation.
- Counsel for a large national company regarding matters of general liability.
- Successfully argued before the Delaware Supreme Court on multiple occasions.
- American Bar Association
- Delaware Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Achieve Now (formerly Philadelphia Reads), Volunteer
- Books Through Bars
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
News and Insights
- “The Defense Attorney’s Perspective,” book chapter co-author, Malpractice and Liability in Psychiatry, Springer Nature Publishing, March 2022.
- Contributing author to the 19th Edition of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas Civil Practice Manual published by the Pennsylvania Bar Institute, December 2019.
- “What to Do If You’re Hit With a Scope-Related Lawsuit,” co-authored for Gastroenterology & Endoscopy News, December 2018.
- “Legal Issues for the Gastroenterologist: Part II,” co-author, The New Gastroenterologist, November 2017.
- “Chancery Find Expert Valuations Are Inadmissible as Hearsay Evidence,” Delaware Business Court Insider, October 2017.
- “Legal Issues for the Gastroenterologist: Part 1,” The New Gastroenterologist, August 2017.
- “Removal of Director, Members of Nonstock Corporation Invalid,” co-author, Delaware Business Court Insider, April 2017.
- “Delaware Chancery Court Strikes Down Fee-Shifting Bylaw,” co-author, Delaware Business Court Insider, January 2017.
- Contributing Author to “Director and Officer Indemnification and Advancement Rights,” a book chapter in Recent Developments in Business and Corporate Litigation, American Bar Association, January 2017.
- “The Surprisingly Unknown: A Look Into the Murky Waters of Corporate Officer Liability and the Business Judgment Rule,” co-authored, ABA Director and Officer Liability Committee Newsletter, November 2016.
- Contributing Author to the Delaware Corporate and Commercial Litigation Blog, http://www.delawarelitigation.com/.
- Contributing Editor to Adam Benforado’s book, Unfair: The New Science of Criminal Injustice, June 2015.
- “Dollars for Collars: Civil Asset Forfeiture and the Breakdown of Constitutional Rights,” Drexel Law Review, 2015.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2022 Professional Liability Update,” March 2022.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2021 Professional Liability Update,” March 2021.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2019 Professional Liability Update,” July 2019.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2018 Professional Liability Update,” May 2018.
- “Eckert Seamans’ 2017 Professional Liability Update,” January 2017.
- “When the Government Knocks,” presenter for the National Nurse Practitioner Enterpreneur Network (NNPEN), March 2021.
- “Legal Significance of Documentation in the Age of the Audit Trail,” co-presented at the Kennedy Health Inaugural Emergency Department Symposium, May 2019.
- “Legal Significance of Documentation in the Age of the Audit Trail” co-presented at the Kennedy Health 6th Annual Med Surg Tele Symposium, October 3, 2018.
- “Civil Trial: Everything You Need to Know,” co-presenter, National Business Institute (NBI), July 13, 2017.