Julia A. Charnyshova
Julia Charnyshova is a corporate transactional attorney and she focuses her practice in the hospitality industry. A substantial portion of her practice is devoted to representing hotel owners, which range from publicly traded companies and large private equity funds to individual developers, in all aspects of hotel development and ownership. With the assistance of Eckert Seamans attorneys in other practice groups (construction, real estate, environmental, labor & employment, real estate, financial transactions and data privacy), Julia advises hotel owners in all aspects of hotel development, ownership as well as acquisition/disposition of hotels, including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements; title and due diligence review; negotiation of franchise and management agreements, hotel financing matters, corporate structure advice and drafting and negotiation of joint venture agreements.
Julia also represents hotel operators in connection with negotiation of hotel management agreements, subordination of management agreements and various vendor service agreements.
Additionally, Julia advises hotel lenders with respect to hotel-specific review of loan documents, including negotiation of subordination of management agreements and franchise comfort letters.
- Serves on lead counsel team for a leading U.S. investment firm in connection with the acquisition and disposition of numerous full-service and limited-service hotels, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and ancillary documents and representation through closing.
- Negotiates new franchise agreements on behalf of hotels owners and assists in restructuring existing licensing relationships with major U.S. hotel brands for hotels located in U.S., Europe and Russia.
- Handles large-scale management company transition matters with various hotel operators on behalf of major investment fund, including negotiation of new management agreements, termination of existing management agreements and lender approval matters for large portfolios of hotels.
- Assists major U.S.-based hotel management company with negotiation, drafting, translating and finalizing Russian/English documents and agreements for hotels in Russia.
- Represents hospitality lenders with respect to negotiation of lender comfort letters and other franchise matters with major U.S. hotel brands.
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
News and Insights
- “Adding Lenders to the Mix: Everything You Wanted to Know About Three-Party Agreements But Were Afraid to Ask,” panel presenter at the 7th Annual Georgetown Hotel & Lodging Legal Summit, October 2018.