Julia A. Charnyshova
Julia Charnyshova focuses her practice on corporate transactions within the hospitality industry. A substantial portion of her practice is devoted to representing large institutional hotel investors as well as individual developers in connection with the ownership and operation of hospitality assets. She assists investment fund clients with transactional matters, including negotiation of purchase and sale agreements; title and due diligence review; negotiation of franchise and management agreements in connection with acquisitions and dispositions of hospitality assets; and franchise and management matters in connection with financing of portfolios of hotels, including lender comfort letters and subordination of management agreements.
In addition, Julia handles the drafting and negotiation of management agreements for leading hotel operators, including brand operators and luxury brand operators that manage hotels and resorts throughout the world. She also represents hotel owners in negotiation of franchise agreements and brand management agreements with major U.S. hotel brands throughout the world. Above all, Julia maintains direct, timely contact with clients and makes it her priority to ensure that each client she works with receives the highest level of representation. In her free time, Julia enjoys yoga and international travel.
- Serves on lead counsel team for a leading U.S. investment firm in connection with the acquisition and disposition of numerous full-service and limited-service hotels, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and ancillary documents and representation through closing.
- Negotiates new franchise agreements on behalf of hotels owners and assists in restructuring existing licensing relationships with major U.S. hotel brands for hotels located in U.S., Europe and Russia.
- Handles large-scale management company transition matters with various hotel operators on behalf of major investment fund, including negotiation of new management agreements, termination of existing management agreements and lender approval matters for large portfolios of hotels.
- Assists major U.S.-based hotel management company with negotiation, drafting, translating and finalizing Russian/English documents and agreements for hotels in Russia.
- Assists international brand operator based in Bangkok with drafting and negotiating resort agreements for sustainable luxury resorts throughout the world.
- Represents international franchisor in connection with a master license agreement for exclusive brand development in the U.S., including preparation of a franchise disclosure document.
- Represents hospitality lenders with respect to negotiation of lender comfort letters and other franchise matters with major U.S. hotel brands.
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
News and Insights
- “Adding Lenders to the Mix: Everything You Wanted to Know About Three-Party Agreements But Were Afraid to Ask,” panel presenter at the 7th Annual Georgetown Hotel & Lodging Legal Summit, October 2018.
U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
J.D., cum laude, Duquesne University School of Law, 2007; Duquesne Law Review
B.A., Brest State University (Belarus), 2000