Shane D. Valenzi
Shane Valenzi focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, contract law, labor and employment, fiduciary duty claims, and franchise law. He has represented clients in state and federal courts, mediations, and before state employment agencies. He is also a frequent author and lecturer on copyright law.
Prior to joining private practice, Shane served as a judicial clerk for the Hon. C. Lynwood Smith of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Intellectual Property Committee and Litigation Committee
- Allegheny County Bar Association, Chair of the Arts and the Law Committee
- Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers, Associate Member
- Board of Directors, Prime Stage Theatre Company
- Member, Musical Theatre Artists of Pittsburgh
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a 2021 & 2022 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation
News and Insights
- “Intellectual Property Issues for Digital and Virtual Content,” panelist, Creating Virtual Content: Logistics & Legalities for Arts Organizations, sponsored by the Pennsylvania Humanities Council and Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, October 14, 2020.
An award-winning stage director, Shane currently serves as the Artistic Director for the Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Company, based in Chicago, Illinois. Shane is also a classically trained bass-baritone, and can be heard on Sundays as a cantor for St. Paul Cathedral in Oakland, the mother church for the Diocese of Pittsburgh.