Samuel P. Trumbull
Sam Trumbull has broad experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in complex civil litigation. His practice focuses on consumer finance, class action, and high-stakes commercial disputes. His cases often involve financial services, securities, and bankruptcy litigation, real estate transactions, and claims under federal and state consumer credit laws. He has also represented clients in wildland-fire litigation, government tort claims, product liability, construction, and employment-related lawsuits. Prior to entering the practice of law, Sam worked in the area of urban environmental disaster mitigation and nonprofit development.
- Representation of financial services providers regarding federal and state consumer credit laws.
- Representation of class members in consumer finance litigation against California State Automobile Association.
- Representation of secured and unsecured lenders in Chapter 7 and Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Representation of variable-annuities broker in numerous securities fraud cases.
- Representation of manufacturing and technology firms in high-stakes breach of contract and alter-ego claims.
- Representation of peace-officers association in governance and financial fraud actions.
- Representation of national theater chain in contract and lease disputes.
- Defense of contractors, engineers, and architects in construction and professional liability claims.
- Defense of public utility in a multiple-fatality gas pipeline explosion.
- Defense of corporation in $10 million fire-suppression claim and numerous property damage claims.
- Representation of energy company in $40 million construction defect claim resulting from expansion of liquefied natural gas facility.
- Representation of broker-dealers in securities fraud actions and employment disputes.
- Representation of plaintiffs in multidistrict public housing discrimination cases.