Robert V. Campedel
Bob Campedel focuses his practice on all aspects of complex commercial litigation, including commercial disputes, contract disputes, non-compete cases, intellectual property litigation, insurance coverage, construction, engineering, and securities litigation. Bob’s securities experience includes five years as Attorney-in-Charge of Enforcement for the PA Securities Commission, during which time he was involved with issuers and broker dealer regulations. He worked in cooperation with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA formerly NASD), and other state securities regulators with regard to varied securities law issues.
Bob has litigated and tried cases in jury and non-jury trials in federal court in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Delaware, and Michigan. He has represented clients on appeals to the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Superior Court of Pennsylvania, and the Third, Sixth and Seventh Circuits of the United States Court of Appeals. Bob has also represented clients in many alternate dispute resolution matters, including major AAA arbitration cases and several mediation tribunals.
- Represents both claimants and broker dealers in FINRA arbitration and regulatory proceedings as well as in court and before the SEC.
- Handles cases involving the enforcement of non-compete agreements between employers and their former employees.
- Represents clients in software development disputes and software contract disputes.
- Handles complex misappropriation of trade secret cases involving intellectual property.
- Handles a variety of commercial litigation, including hospital accreditation litigation and products liability cases involving drugs and food supplements and equipment contract cases.
- Represents clients in commercial and construction contract disputes.
- Represents steel companies in litigation related to steel industry operations.
- Represented clients in all aspects of civil cases that involve complex commercial issues and financial disputes.
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Board of Claims, Former Chair of the Western Pennsylvania Hearing Panel
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- “Insurance In The Age of Vehicle Autonomy And Ride-Sharing,” Law360, September 2018.
- “Software Development Contracts,” Mealy’s Litigation News.
- “Pennsylvania Securities Act and Enforcement Issues,” panelist, Allegheny County Bar Association.