Robert P. Avolio
Rob Avolio focuses his practice in civil litigation, corporate and business law, and wealth planning. His practice includes clients in industries such as manufacturing, insurance, health care, and information technology.
Rob is an experienced litigator of over 30 years and has handled matters for clients in various states across the country in state and federal courts. His litigation experience includes cases involving products liability, shareholder disputes, mergers and acquisitions, employment disputes, and corporate matters for multinational and national companies, as well as closely held businesses. Rob has also successfully argued cases on appeal in both state and federal courts in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and before the Florida Supreme Court.
Prior to entering private practice, Rob served as law clerk to the Honorable Robert Wilentz, Chief Justice of New Jersey Supreme Court.
- Represents investors in a $1.2 billion ponzi scheme case in which the clients have already received one of the largest percentage recoveries in history.
- American Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- St. Lawrence Rehabilitation Center, Board of Directors
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers in Business/Corporate (2006, 2008 – Present)
- Certified as a Civil Trial Attorney by the New Jersey Board on Attorney Certification
- Board Certified in Civil Trial Law by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization
In addition to spending time with his family, Rob enjoys playing golf, cooking, scuba diving, and deep sea fishing.
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Claims
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D., with honors, Suffolk University Law School, 1982
B.A., with honors, George Washington University, 1978