Riyaz G. Bhimani
Riyaz Bhimani practices in the area of commercial litigation, with a concentration in representing financial institutions and mortgage servicers. He litigates before state and federal courts, including matters pertaining to commercial and residential foreclosures, debt collection, lender liability, mortgage fraud/predatory lending, business torts, state and federal consumer protection statutes, and other alleged violations of law arising from lending, servicing, and collections activity.
He represents financial services institutions in defending matters arising under the full range of laws and statutes regulating the consumer finance industry. Riyaz also litigates commercial matters, including fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, contract disputes, disputes between partners and shareholders, and the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.
- Obtained dismissal of Truth in Lending Act (TILA) and rescission of mortgage claims based on failure to timely provide notice of rescission.
- Obtained summary judgment dismissing airline passenger’s claim for wrongful cancellation of airline tickets for failure to comply with “sequencing” provisions of contract of carriage.
- Obtained court order denying airline passenger’s request for disclosure of personal information of other passengers in action alleging profiling based on race and nationality.
- Obtained dismissal of fraud and negligence claims against financial services company and individual insurance broker/financial advisor in connection with sale of life-only annuities.
News and Insights
- “A Case Study: When Hazardous Material Packages are Commingled with Other Packages,” Transportation Lawyers Association, January 2013.