Nicholas F. Borsuk
Nick Borsuk practices in commercial litigation. He has a broad range of litigation skills in the areas of financial services, product liability, oil & gas, and tort defense. Within financial services, Nick handles matters involving complex residential foreclosures as well as the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act. Within the area of product liability, Nick has experience defending actions asserting claims under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law. Nick has represented oil & gas clients in litigation involving rights to mineral estates and enforceability of oil & gas leases. Additionally, Nick defends public utility transportation carriers in personal injury actions. Nick has extensive experience in numerous state and federal courts, handling and assisting in matters from the pleadings stage to judgment. Nick also represents a broker in the sale and transfer of liquor licenses in Pennsylvania, as well as pursue actions to enforce the contractual terms of agreements on behalf of his clients involving the sale and purchase of liquor licenses.
During his course of legal studies, Nick served as a law clerk for the Honorable Kate Ford Elliot of the Pennsylvania Superior Court. He also has experience in local government matters, including working for State Senator Kim Ward of the 39th District of Pennsylvania.
- Serve as counsel for nationwide financial institutions and servicers in lender liability, contested foreclosures, and bankruptcy litigation.
- Responded on behalf of financial institutions to notices, requests, and demands under the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Fair Debt Collections Practices Act.
- Obtained favorable judgments for car manufacturers against plaintiffs asserting claims under Pennsylvania Lemon Law, Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, and Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law.
- Represented oil & gas companies in litigation involving, coal, timber, and oil and gas rights, including Marcellus Shale.
- Settled matters in clients’ favor in order to reach a beneficial resolution and mitigate litigation costs and expenses.
- Defend public utility transportation carriers against personal injury lawsuits.
- Represents broker in the purchase and sale of liquor licenses in Pennsylvania, including business agreement consultations and pursuing litigation to enforce contracts.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Film Office, Board of Trustees
- Penn State Schreyer Honors College Alumni Admissions Interview Program
- Penn State Alumni Association
- Penn State Grassroots Network
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
- Committee Member, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Pittsburgh 50 Finest Program
Awards and Recognition:
- Received a Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Commercial Litigation (2021-2023)
News and Insights
- “Consumer Protection Law Ruling Could Spell Big Trouble for Pennsylvania Businesses,” Eckert Seamans’ Legal Update, February 22, 2021 and published in The Legal Intelligencer, March 4, 2021.