Mitchell L. Bach
Mitch Bach focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. Mitch has extensive experience in a wide variety of civil matters including securities fraud, RICO, construction litigation, intellectual property litigation, environmental litigation, banking litigation, real estate litigation, and major commercial disputes. He is also highly skilled in the use of alternative dispute resolution techniques, having made innovative use of such cost-saving methods throughout his career, long before ADR achieved wide-scale recognition.
- Represented a group of real estate investors who were victims of a fraudulent Ponzi scheme, and obtained a judgment on their behalf in the United States District Court for the District of Delaware, in March 2009, for over $44 million, constituting all of the money the client group was owed, including interest on the principal sums which had been taken from them, plus payment of their attorneys’ fees by the defendants.
- Handled many other significant cases as lead trial counsel in the Commerce Program of the Court of Common Pleas in Philadelphia, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the state and federal trial courts in New Jersey.
- Nationalities Service Center, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Philadelphia Bar Foundation, Member of the Board of Trustees
- Pennsylvania Co-Chair of the American Bar Foundation
- Philadelphia Bar Association, First Chair of the Business Law Section Advisory Board; Former Chair of the Business Law Section in 2005, currently on the Section’s Executive Committee
- Instrumental in the organization and development of the Commerce Case Management Program of the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in 1999, and is actively involved in the creation of other specialized business courts throughout the United States
- Leadership Development Committee, American Bar Association Business Law Section, Chair
- ABA Litigation Section, Member
- Committee on Business and Corporate Litigation, ABA Business Law Section, Former Chair
- ABA Business Courts Subcommittee, Former Chair
- Section Council, ABA Business Law Section, Member
- ABA Section on Dispute Resolution
- Play on, Philly!, Board Member
- Society Hill Synagogue in Philadelphia, Immediate Past President
Awards and Recognition:
- Recipient of 2017 Judge Pro Tempore Award, First Judicial District of Pennsylvania
- Recipient of the 2014 Dennis H. Replansky Memorial Award
- Recipient of the 2010 Wells Fargo Fidelity Award
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
- Elected as a Charter Honorary Member of the American College of Business Court Judges, November 2008
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- Contributing author to “The Business Courts Benchbook: Procedures and Best Practices in Business and Commercial Cases,” published by the American Bar Association.
- “Philly Students Master Sonatas and Concertos for Uplifting Experience,” Penn Law Journal, Summer 2019.
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
J.D., with honors, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 1971
B.S., with honors, University of Pennsylvania, 1968