Michelle Skjoldal represents a variety of clients facing environmental and energy related enforcement, compliance, and litigation matters, and delivers valuable client counseling on regulatory issues and due diligence in transactions. She has extensive experience negotiating permit conditions, advising clients on managing compliance risks, and negotiating with local, state, and federal agencies in enforcement matters. Michelle has represented developers and municipalities in litigation involving water permits and sewage facility planning; counseled corporations in environmental due diligence matters in real estate and corporate transactions involving multiple sites; and represented clients in self-implementing cleanups. Michelle has handled matters across all environmental programs, including water, waste, air and land. At the state level, Michelle often represents clients in matters before the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission (PUC), and other state agencies. At the federal level, she has represented clients in matters before the United States Environmental Protection Agency, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Counseled international and national corporate clients in air, water, and waste permitting and compliance matters;
- Advised corporations in environmental due diligence matters in complex real estate and corporate transactions;
- Represented clients in self-implementing cleanups;
- Advised municipalities and developers in litigation involving water permits and sewage facility planning;
- Counseled corporate clients in hazardous, industrial, and municipal waste compliance and enforcement matters;
- Represented corporate and municipal clients in US Environmental Protection Agency and state enforcement actions;
- Represented clients in Pennsylvania Environmental Hearing Board litigation;
- Represented clients in contested Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission proceedings;
- Advised clients on public utility regulation and policies adopted by the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission;
- Counseled clients on solar project development and alternative energy credits;
- Counseled clients in matters involving the U.S. Department of Transportation and its sub-agencies, including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the Surface Transportation Board, and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Homeless Outreach Project – Former Volunteer Attorney
- Junior League of Harrisburg – Sustaining Member
- National MS Society – Central Pennsylvania Leadership Program
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion as a Pennsylvania Rising Star, 2012-2019
News and Insights
- “Eckert Seamans Grows Harrisburg Environmental Group,” Law360, April 27, 2021.