Michael R. Borasky
Mike Borasky represents large and smaller business clients in complex commercial litigation, handling lawsuits throughout the country. He has extensive experience in antitrust, products liability/mass tort, class action, commercial contract, distributorship, insurance coverage, environmental, and other areas of business litigation. Mike frequently counsels clients in non-litigation matters, particularly regarding products liability and antitrust matters, including developing and presenting programs to improve clients compliance in those areas of law.
- Has 40 years of antitrust litigation experience, representing businesses across various industries in single-plaintiff and class-action cases, including defense of alleged price-fixing, monopolization, price discrimination, and other claims involving paper products, natural gas transmission, and metals industries.
- Counseling on all aspects of compliance with the United States antitrust laws, including issues relating to pricing, distribution, mergers and acquisitions, and compliance with the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act, and development and implementation of antitrust compliance programs for clients in various industries, including food products, electronic products, metals, airlines, and oil and gas industries.
- Representing clients in connection with antitrust investigations conducted by the Department of Justice and the Federal Trade Commission.
Other litigation, dispute resolution & counseling experience
- Lead attorney for a chemical manufacturer in the defense of numerous toxic tort cases throughout the country involving its principal line of industrial chemicals.
- Prosecution and defense of insurance coverage claims involving liability and life insurance policies, including coverage for environmental damage and toxic tort claims.
- Defense of pharmaceutical and agricultural chemical product liability claims.
- Prosecution and defense of breach-of-contract and other business dispute claims.
- Defense of environmental contamination and other class-action litigation.
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
Awards and Recognition:
- Inducted as an honorary member of the Order of the Coif by William &Mary Law School
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Mike’s current interests beyond the practice of law include volunteering his time to help others (such as tutoring underprivileged high school students in civics, economics and history, and serving as president of a homeowners association), enjoying his five young grandchildren, swimming, and following his beloved Duke Blue Devils basketball team.