Marshall D. Bilder
Marshall Bilder concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation matters, including trial and appellate work in the areas of professional liability, product liability, negligence, and insurance law and coverage. He represents corporate defendants against claims of liability and damages, as well as individuals involved in commercial disputes and negligence claims.
Marshall has significant experience litigating cases in state and federal courts. He is also dedicated to providing pro bono legal services and has served as counsel in the post-conviction appeal of a capital murder case.
Marshall served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Michael Patrick King, presiding Judge of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, during the 1989-1990 court term.
- Regularly defends attorneys and insurance producers against claims of liability.
- Served as litigation counsel for a major pharmaceutical company in the management and defense of a nationwide product liability action.
- Represents a major international design retailer in numerous litigation matters.
- Represents licensed professionals in disciplinary proceedings, including ethics counseling.
- Represents clients in complex insurance and coverage matters.
- Mercer County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Council on Litigation Management
News and Insights
- “Consent to Settle: When is it Required, and What Happens When the Insured and the Insurer Disagree?” co-authored, New Jersey Lawyer, August 2012.
- “No Fees for You!” co-authored, New Jersey Lawyer, February 2012.
- “Legal Malpractice and Proximate Causation: Whose Burden is it Anyway?” co-authored, New Jersey Lawyer, February 2006.
- Conducts continuing education seminars for the Insurance Agents & Brokers of New Jersey (IIABNJ) regarding recent developments in errors and omissions law, risk controls, and litigation avoidance.