Kevin P. Grady
Kevin Grady advises clients on complex commercial and corporate transactions, particularly within the hospitality and life sciences industries. Within the hospitality industry, Kevin represents hotel developers, owners, investors and operators engaged all facets of the hotel business in the United States and throughout the world.
In the life sciences industry, Kevin also serves as the lead outside counsel to a large international manufacturer and marketer of pharmaceuticals, consumer health products and chemicals in the review and negotiation of IT procurement contracts, with a particular emphasis on software and technology licensing, software as a service, telecom and digital marketing agreements.
Prior to joining the firm’s Hospitality Group, Kevin participated in the firm’s client secondment program, during which he served as assistant in-house counsel to one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies. Reporting directly to the Global Division Counsel, he drafted and negotiated leases and agreements concerning non-disclosure, consulting, asset sales, licenses, and distribution. He also managed all legal aspects of a corporate reorganization that required changes to multiple domestic and international legal entities. In addition, he handled a number of business line divestiture projects, where he reviewed contracts for pertinent provisions, counseled the business on contractual rights and obligations, and advised on preparing virtual data rooms for use during due diligence reviews.
- Serves on lead counsel team for leading U.S. investment firms in connection with the acquisition, operation and disposition of both full-service and limited-service hotels, including the review, drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, related closing documentation, franchise agreements, management agreements and loan documents.
- Represents one of the largest hotel owner-operators in the U.S. in the acquisition of hotels for its private equity funds.
- Represents the largest U.S. third party hotel management company in the review, drafting and negotiation of hotel management agreements, lender documents, corporate level agreements, hotel-level contracts and other day-to-day operational matters.
- Assists Asian-based international brand operator of luxury resorts and spas with the review, drafting and negotiation of resort management agreements and related documents.
- Lead outside counsel for U.S. based subsidiaries of a global manufacturer and marketer of pharmaceuticals, consumer health products and chemicals in the review, drafting, and negotiation of supplier contracts, with an emphasis on information technology, software licensing, software as a service, telecom and digital marketing agreements.
- Participates in the representation of both lenders and borrowers in closing various secured loan facilities and refinancing transactions.
- Managed client’s corporate reorganization project involving changes to multiple legal entities both inside and outside of the United States, oversaw assignment of all customer contracts to new legal entities, prepared asset sale, service level agreements and inter-company agreements, managed a corporate name change, provided support services for all subsidiary legal entity changes outside of the United States, and handled corporate governance matters.
- Assisted client in transaction, valued in excess of $400 million, involving the divestiture of a global medical device business, including the negotiation of asset transfer agreements, transition services agreements, and preparation of transaction documentation.
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor.