Kevin P. Grady
Kevin Grady advises clients in the hospitality industry, representing hotel developers, owners, investors and operators engaged in all facets of hotel ownership and operation in the United States and throughout the world. Kevin regularly handles the acquisition and disposition of hotels, negotiation of hotel management agreements, franchise agreements, hotel financing matters and operational matters.
Prior to joining the firm’s Hospitality Group, Kevin participated in the firm’s client secondment program, during which he served as assistant in-house counsel to one of the world’s largest life sciences companies. Reporting directly to the Global Division Counsel, he drafted and negotiated an array of contracts in support of the business and also managed all legal aspects of a corporate reorganization that required changes to multiple domestic and international legal entities.
In addition, Kevin handled a number of business line divestiture projects, including the management of due diligence reviews and virtual data rooms. Kevin continues to serve as outside counsel to the client in leading the review of various IT procurement contracts, with a particular emphasis on software and technology licensing, software as a service, IT consulting, telecom and digital marketing agreements.
Kevin regularly represents hospitality clients on their most strategic and complex hospitality transactions providing critical experience on vital financing and corporate matters for successful results.
- Serves on lead counsel team for leading U.S. investment firms in connection with the acquisition, operation and disposition of both full-service and limited-service hotels, including the review, drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements, related closing documentation, franchise agreements, hotel management agreements and loan documents.
- Represents one of the largest hotel owner-operators in the U.S. in the acquisition of hotels for its private equity funds.
- Represents leading global hospitality company in the review, drafting and negotiation of hotel management agreements, lender documents, corporate level agreements, hotel-level contracts and other day-to-day operational matters.
- Advises small to medium sized hotel management companies with respect to hotel management agreements and hotel level operational matters.
- Serves as a lead outside counsel for U.S. based subsidiaries of a global life sciences company in the review, drafting, and negotiation of supplier contracts, with an emphasis on information technology, software licensing, software as a service, telecom and digital marketing agreements.
- Advised a client hotel operator’s acquisition of hotel management agreements and related assets from a competitor operator of a national portfolio of over 70 upper midscale and upscale hotels across all major hotel brands.
- Advised a private equity client on its due diligence review of licensing agreements in connection with its acquisition of an ownership stake in a hotel brand.
- Advised an international brand operator of luxury resorts and spas with the review, drafting and negotiation of resort management agreements and related documents.
- Represented both lenders and borrowers in closing various secured loan facilities and refinancing transactions.
- Managed a client’s corporate reorganization projects involving changes to entities both inside and outside of the United States, oversaw assignment of all customer contracts to new legal entities, prepared asset sale, service level agreements and inter-company agreements, managed a corporate name change, provided support services for all subsidiary legal entity changes outside of the United States, and handled corporate governance matters.
- Assisted a client in transaction, valued in excess of $400 million, involving the divestiture of a global medical device business, including the negotiation of asset transfer agreements, transition services agreements, and preparation of transaction documentation.
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor.