Jennifer Adams Shepler
Vice Chair, Women's Initiative at Eckert
Jen Adams Shepler has more than ten years’ experience working on corporate transactions with a significant focus on the hospitality industry. A substantial portion of her practice is devoted to representing hotel owners, developers, investors, and management companies. She assists with all aspects of acquisition and disposition for various hotel related assets and other commercial properties, including multifamily units and industrial sites. Jen has assisted with the negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and closing documents, management agreements, franchise agreements, comfort letters, technical services agreements, subordination of management agreements, and various other similar agreements. In addition, Jen negotiates and reviews a wide range of operational hotel-related agreements, including service agreements and group sales agreements, and is actively involved in assisting clients with financing acquisitions and refinancing of existing loans.
Jen is actively involved with the Women’s Initiative at Eckert (WIE), for which she serves as Vice Chair. Through WIE, Jen assists with various programming to create a supportive environment to champion women in the legal field and allow everyone an equal opportunity for success.
- Assists U.S. investment trusts and other hotel developers and owners in connection with the acquisition and disposition of numerous full-service and limited-service hotels, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and ancillary documents and representation through closing and subsequent financings.
- Acts as outside in-house counsel fielding and assisting with various operational, employment, and contractual matters.
- Negotiates new franchise agreements on behalf of hotels owners for hotels located in the U.S.
- Represents leading management companies in connection with negotiating management agreements, service contracts, and other ancillary documents.
- Assists with the financing of various hotel portfolios for investment trusts and other commercial property.
- Represents tenants in common in connection with the sale of a U.S. hotel.
National Association of Women Lawyers
- Environmental Advisory Council for the Municipality of Murrysville, Secretary (2017 – Present)
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star
News and Insights
- “How The Pandemic Re-Shaped Force Majeure,” co-author, HospitalityLawyer.com®, April 22, 2021.
- “Closing/Post-Closing Liabilities in Purchase and Sale Agreements,” co-presented at the Eckert Seamans’ Joel Lennen Legal Primer, August 2023.
- “Empower Her,” Boys & Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania, March 2023
Jen’s background in running cross-country in college has led to a lifetime of running. Throughout the year, when not spending time with her husband, kids and 3 dogs exploring the Pittsburgh area, Jen can be found training for various races (mostly half marathons) with former teammates. She also enjoys reading and is actively involved in a book club.