Jennifer Adams Shepler
Jen Adams Shepler focuses her practice on corporate transactions within the hospitality industry. A substantial portion of her practice is devoted to representing hotel owners, developers, investors, and management companies. She handles the drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements for investment trusts, hotel developers and investors, management agreements for leading hotel operators and the drafting and review of other ancillary documents. She also represents hotel owners in the negotiation of franchise agreements and other franchise related documents with major U.S. hotel brands throughout the world. In addition, Jen is actively involved in assisting clients with financing acquisitions and refinancing of existing loans.
- Assists U.S. investment trusts and other hotel developers and owners in connection with the acquisition and disposition of numerous full-service and limited-service hotels, including drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and ancillary documents and representation through closing and subsequent financings.
- Negotiates new franchise agreements on behalf of hotels owners for hotels located in the U.S.
- Represents leading management companies in connection with negotiating management agreements, service contracts, and other ancillary documents.
- Assists with the financing of various limited service hotel portfolios for investment trusts.
- Represents tenants in common in connection with the sale of a U.S. hotel.
- Environmental Advisory Council for the Municipality of Murrysville, Secretary (2017 – Present)
- Reading is FUNdamental Pittsburgh, elementary school reading mentor
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers – Rising Star