Jeffrey E. Robb
Jeff Robb, a former certified public accountant, assists clients with business, financial and legal issues arising in the hospitality industry. He has wide-ranging experience in the acquisition, development, financing and disposition of hotels, resorts and branded residences. He assists investors with the purchase and sale of hotels, including navigating the intricacies of brand, manager and lender relationships. Jeff negotiates management, franchise and operating agreements as well as technical and consulting services agreements and similar documents on behalf of hotel owners and managers. He also negotiates and reviews day-to-day hotel-related agreements, including space leases, service agreements, and group sales agreements. In addition to his work with hospitality clients, Jeff represents and advises manufacturers with regard to business acquisitions and dispositions as well as major operational agreements and corporate governance.
- Represented third party hotel management companies and hotel owners in the negotiation and drafting of a variety of hotel related documents on a domestic and international basis, including hotel management agreements (third party and brand managed), purchase and sale agreements, joint venture agreements, leases, franchise agreements, loan agreements, subordination agreements, comfort letters, technical services agreements and consulting services agreements.
- Served as hospitality counsel in connection with the consensual foreclosure of a portfolio of 148 hotels by the mezzanine lender on the portfolio, a real estate investment trust (REIT), navigating the transition of the hotels via comfort letters with multiple franchisors and negotiating long term franchise agreements and other related documents for the portfolio on behalf of the new owner.
- Negotiated purchase and sale agreements for numerous full service, extended stay and select service hotels throughout the United States.
- Advised clients on issues arising due to the COVID-19 pandemic, including repurposing of hotels and renegotiation of major agreements.
- Served as hospitality counsel in connection with the acquisition of a portfolio of four hotels under brands from three different franchisors and successfully transitioned the hotels to new ownership as part of owner’s purchase of a larger business park.
- Represented manufacturers in the negotiation and drafting of asset purchase agreements, supply agreements, license agreements and other operational contracts.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
News and Insights
- “Between The Lines: A Brief on the Unwritten Rules of Practicing Law,” panel presenter, New England Law, April 2021.