Erin King Sweeney
Erin King Sweeney has over 20 years of experience focused on aviation, transportation, and security matters. She previously served as General Counsel, USA, for Swiss International Air Lines Ltd., and handled the dual bankruptcies of Swissair and Sabena, and managed the start-up of SWISS in the United States. She has broad experience with the Department of Transportation, Federal Aviation Administration, Transportation Security Administration, and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
For five years, Erin served as an elected Councilwoman in the Town of Hempstead, New York, and was selected as majority leader. Erin’s work focused on downtown development and transit-oriented growth. She also served as president of King Sweeney Strategies LLC, advising clients on business strategy in the transportation and security sectors.
At Eckert Seamans, Erin provides strategic counsel to clients on their most pressing and complex legal, administrative, and regulatory issues.
- New York Bar Association
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, Board Member
- Holy Child Academy and Grace Day School, Former Board Member
- JFK Chamber of Commerce, Member
Awards and Recognition:
- Selection as a “Power Woman” by the Long Island Press
- Aviation industry “Woman of the Year” by the Boys Scouts of Queens
- Outstanding Achiever by the Long Island Center for Business and Professional Women (2014)
- Long Island Government Official Inspiration award by the Middle Market Alliance of Long Island
- New York State Police Chiefs’ Benevolent Association Businessperson of the Year and Honorary Chief (2013)
- FBI Certificate of Recognition
News and Insights
- “Congressional Study Group: Why the Debt Ceiling Matters,” Cornell University Institute of Politics and Global Affairs, October 13, 2021.
- “State Attorneys General and the Use of Litigation,” Parents Against Vaping Clear the Vapor 2021 Conference, April 7, 2021.
As a breast cancer survivor, Erin has chaired and organized events with elected officials, doctors, and health care professionals to raise awareness about the importance of early detection. Erin also ran a half-marathon to raise money and awareness about the disease. Erin and her husband John have two children.