Eric N. Losey
Eric Losey concentrates his practice on the defense of personal injury, property damages, and environmental cases, including the defense of asbestos, mass tort, and product liability litigation matters in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. He represents companies in asbestos litigation matters locally and nationally in both state and federal court.
In addition to product liability and mass tort matters, Eric has experience handling complex litigation matters in all stages of litigation, from pre-suit evaluation through discovery disputes, trial, and verdict. He handles a variety of cases, including complex insurance coverage litigation, lead paint poisoning, construction defect, personal injury, employment discrimination and retaliation, regulatory matters concerning the numerous health departments throughout New England, contract disputes, and commercial evictions.
Having served as a student prosecutor for the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office, Eric successfully first and second chaired multiple jury trials to verdict.
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Division, 2018
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers as “Rising Star” (2015 – 2018)
News and Insights
- “Civil Litigation Basics: Tips and Strategies on Pleadings, Discovery, Dispositve Motions, and Pre-Trial Procedure,” panelist at the Boston Bar Association CLE program, June 2019.
- “Latest Development in Massachusetts Rules of Procedure Governing eDiscovery,” presented to the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Annual Meeting, May 2019.
Outside of practicing law, Eric enjoys traveling near and far, attempting to improve his golf game, and snowboarding throughout New England.
U.S. District Court for the District Massachusetts
J.D., Suffolk University Law School, 2011; Phi Delta Phi
B.A., Ithaca College, 2006