Eric N. Losey
Eric Losey concentrates his practice on the defense of personal injury, property damage, and environmental cases, including the defense of asbestos, mass tort, and product liability litigation matters. He represents companies ranging from Fortune 500 manufacturing corporations and multinational companies to mom and pop businesses in asbestos litigation matters across the country in both state and federal court.
Eric has experience handling complex litigation matters in all stages of litigation, from pre-suit evaluation through discovery disputes, corporate and expert depositions, trial, and verdict. In addition, Eric has handled a variety of cases, including complex insurance coverage litigation, environmental contamination, lead paint poisoning, construction defect, personal injury, employment discrimination and retaliation, regulatory matters concerning the numerous health departments throughout New England, contract disputes, and commercial evictions.
He has the practical skills to understand each client’s unique business needs. Prior to his legal career, Eric was a business owner, operating a computer consulting company. He supported local businesses and individuals, often in times of crisis, and became acutely aware of the day-to-day challenges faced by stakeholders. Eric continues to draw from his business experience in counseling his legal clients today.
- National coordinating counsel for an international company in asbestos litigation matters. In this role, Eric works closely with a variety of corporate and expert witnesses to prepare cohesive litigation defense strategies.
- Co-counsel in obtaining an appellate victory following an initial denial of motion to dismiss for lack of personal jurisdiction for French client sued in a deadly elevator incident in Brooklyn, NY that received coverage in the local, national, and international press.
- Secured pre-discovery dismissal for a foreign company in a Massachusetts asbestos matter due to lack of personal jurisdiction, saving the client significant litigation costs.
- Co-counsel for the acquisition of a decades-old, family-owned coffee roasting company.
- Successfully first and second chaired multiple jury trials to verdict as a student prosecutor for the Worcester County District Attorney’s Office.
- Second-chaired commercial eviction trial to verdict, securing a win for Fortune 500 Company.
- Boston Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI), Member
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association, Board Member, Co-Chair of Young Lawyers Division, 2018-2020
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers – Rising Star (2015 – 2023)
News and Insights
- “Eckert Seamans Attorneys Named to 2023 Massachusetts Super Lawyers and Rising Stars List,” October 2023.
- “Mid-Level Associates Forum,” panelist, Massachusetts Bar Association, February 2020.
- “Civil Litigation Basics: Tips and Strategies on Pleadings, Discovery, Dispositve Motions, and Pre-Trial Procedure,” panelist at the Boston Bar Association CLE program, June 2019.
- “Latest Development in Massachusetts Rules of Procedure Governing eDiscovery,” presented to the Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Annual Meeting, May 2019.
Outside of practicing law, Eric enjoys traveling locally and internationally often with restaurant menus guiding his way. He also enjoys staying active by golfing, snowboarding, and hiking.