Donald J. Brooks, Jr.
Vice Chair, Professional Liability
Don Brooks is a litigator with extensive experience in the defense of catastrophic medical malpractice and product liability cases. With 26 years of first chair experience, he defends hospitals and physicians in all areas of medical litigation and regularly takes cases to trial and verdict.
Don’s experience includes the successful defense at trial of hospitals and physicians for general surgery, trauma, radiology, interventional radiology, neurology, neurosurgery, urology, vascular, gynecology, obstetrics, pulmonary, pediatrics, critical care, infectious disease, orthopedic surgery, spine surgery, cardiology, cardiac and thoracic surgery, radiation oncology, and oncology.
- Philadelphia and Pennsylvania Bar Associations
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Food Bank Volunteer
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
News and Insights
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2017 Professional Liability Update, January 2017.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2016 Professional Liability Update, January 2016.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2015 Professional Liability Update, January 2015.
- Speaks on medical malpractice and litigation for physicians and hospitals.
- Continuing Legal Education lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Defense Institute, and Philadelphia Bar Association on matters including professional liability, trial practice, contribution, and release issues.
U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
J.D., Villanova University School of Law, 1988
B.A., University of Pennsylvania, 1985