Donald J. Brooks, Jr.
Vice Chair, Professional Liability
Don Brooks is an experienced and successful civil litigator with 30 years of first chair jury trial experience in both state and federal courts. He is regularly asked to defend difficult liability situations in catastrophic injury and death claims.
Don’s trial experience includes over 100 defense verdicts, with successful outcomes in medical, product liability, general liability, and institutional liability suits throughout the Philadelphia region.
The majority of Don’s trials involve Pennsylvania medical malpractice suits in Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Delaware and Chester counties. Successful outcomes include defense verdicts for clients in cases involving criticism of care in areas of medicine such as cardiology, cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, orthopedic surgery, emergency
medicine, critical care, infectious disease, general surgery, vascular medicine and surgery, anesthesia, obstetrics and gynecology, robotic surgery, trauma, radiology, oncology, radiation oncology, urology, neurology, neurosurgery, spine surgery, interventional procedures, GI medicine, internal medicine, and family medicine.
Litigation experience includes defense of cases involving all aspects of personal injury claims such as car, truck and small plane crash cases, prison heath and injury cases including civil rights claims, construction cases, and medical device cases.
- Philadelphia and Pennsylvania Bar Associations
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Food Bank Volunteer
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers
News and Insights
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2021 Professional Liability Update, March 2021.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2019 Professional Liability Update, January 2019.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2018 Professional Liability Update, January 2018.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2017 Professional Liability Update, January 2017.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2016 Professional Liability Update, January 2016.
- Contributing author to Eckert Seamans’ 2015 Professional Liability Update, January 2015.
- Frequently invited speaker for multiple institutional clients on litigation and trial topics.
- Continuing Legal Education lecturer, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Pennsylvania Defense Institute, and Philadelphia Bar Association on matters including professional liability, trial practice, contribution, and release issues.