Daniel J. Sinclair
Dan Sinclair focuses his practice in the defense of toxic tort and product liability lawsuits. He has extensive courtroom experience, successfully trying cases to verdict representing large corporations, small companies, municipalities, and individuals. He currently represents three Fortune 200 corporations, including two automakers, in the defense of their asbestos claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Dan was responsible for the defense of asbestos lawsuits for a consortium of 20 manufacturers and suppliers and also represented defendants and plaintiffs in a broad range of tort, commercial, and estate litigation matters.
- Serves as a national trial counsel for automakers; admitted pro hac vice to try cases in eight states.
- Handles all phases of asbestos litigation in cases filed in western Pennsylvania, from the pleadings stage through discovery and trial, and at the appellate level.
- Has handled litigation alleging injuries due to pharmaceutical products and exposures to silica, benzene, formaldehyde, mercury, beryllium, and other substances.
- Has defended claims arising out of exposure to a wide array of asbestos-containing products.
- Represents clients in cases involving personal injuries resulting from defective products or negligent conduct.
- Coordinated defense of multiple defendants litigating the exclusivity provision of the Pennsylvania Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Has cross-examined most of the experts regularly retained by the plaintiff’s asbestos bar.
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- St. John Capistran Parish, Upper St. Clair, Volunteer
News and Insights
- “Hot Topics in Pennsylvania Mass Tort Law,” Eckert Seamans’ Continuing Legal Education (CLE), August 2014.
- “Recent Developments in the Litigation of Occupational Cancers and Lung Disease,” Tri-State Occupational Medicine Society, October, 2012.
- “The Pennsylvania Fair Share Act,” Allegheny County Bar Association, April, 2012.
- “The Mechanics of Pennsylvania Civil Procedure,” National Business Institute Seminars, April, 2011.
- “The Workers’ Compensation Bar in Asbestos Litigation,” HarrisMartin Pennsylvania Asbestos Litigation Conference, 2009.