Daniel A. Glass
Dan has litigated a wide variety of cases representing clients across a number of different industries and fields. He represents companies in complex commercial litigation involving matters including franchise and licensing, real estate, lender liability, unfair and deceptive business practices, tortious interference, bankruptcy, unlawful disclosure of trade secrets, and insurance coverage in state courts, federal courts and alternate dispute resolution. In addition to his commercial practice, Dan defends individuals, companies and insureds in the defense of products liability, premises liability, medical malpractice and other tort claims.
Dan began his career as a commercial litigator and over the years his practice has expanded to include real estate, employment, franchise, and general business counseling. His experience in litigating cases to successful conclusions enables him to bring a unique and practical problem solving perspective to a broad range of legal challenges and opportunities. Dan advises his clients and negotiates a variety of contract matters, including but not limited to franchise or license agreements, buy-sell agreements, restrictive covenants, partnership agreements, consulting agreements, and real estate agreements. Dan’s background in litigation allows him the proper context to foresee potentially devastating or costly problems before they arise.
Dan has also represented politicians and political bodies in the defense of various election law claims brought by individual citizens in federal and state courts.
- Reviews and analyzes contracts and other agreements for franchise or licensing issues;
- Counsels and advises businesses on contractual issues, negotiations, and labor and employment matters;
- Represents property owners and lien holders in real estate litigation including, but not limited to, title disputes, premises liability matters, construction matters, fire and water related damage cases, and toxic tort defense;
- Defends nationwide financial institutions in lender liability, contested foreclosures and bankruptcy litigation;
- Defends insurance companies in direct action suits in jurisdictions throughout the country;
- Defends insureds in third-party insurance litigation before state and federal courts involving products liability, premises liability, negligence, breach of contract, fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, negligent misrepresentation, and other business torts;
- Defends international airlines in commercial and employment litigation in federal courts, as well as passenger and cargo claims under the Warsaw and Montreal Conventions;
- Represents various business entities including nationwide financial institutions, manufacturers, hotel management companies, property management companies, media and communication firms, government contractors, builders construction companies, and a national recruitment firm;
- Represented clients in D.C. Circuit, Fourth Circuit, the Maryland, D.C. and Pennsylvania appellate courts;
- Represented Majority Leader of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives at the Pennsylvania Supreme Court in conjunction with multiple challenges to the 2011 decennial redistricting of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania;
- Represented the Commonwealth of Virginia in conjunction with a challenge to the 2011 decennial redistricting of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Awards and Recognition:
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
District of Columbia
U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Columbia
U.S. District and Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Supreme Court of the United States
J.D., George Washington University Law School, 2003
B.A., Tulane University, 2000