Anthony M. Moccia
Anthony Moccia has decades of experience in major commercial and civil litigation in state and federal courts, representing clients in real estate, construction, product liability, employment, and commercial landlord-tenant matters. He is skilled in the representation of commercial landlords for many national and regional shopping mall developers and successfully litigates disputes involving leasing, class actions arising from common area charges, rent issues, tax abatements, use clauses, bankruptcy petitions, abandonments, options, and indemnification disputes. Anthony also maintains a construction practice through which he provides counsel and litigation services in contractual disputes involving delay damages, extra work, retainage, and statutory liens. The defense of product liability claims and mass tort litigation is another prominent facet of Anthony’s practice. He counsels an international industrial manufacturer in hundreds of asbestos actions filed throughout the Northeast and has served for 20 years as New England regional counsel in asbestos defense litigation in state and federal courts.
- Representation of national mall developers in all aspects of leasing and landlord-tenant matters involving major shopping centers in eastern Massachusetts.
- Representation of national retail chain in all leasing transactions and disputes with property owners and managers.
- Extensive litigation in federal and state courts and before arbitration tribunals involving a wide range of commercial disputes, including trials involving investment banking, leasing, easements, landlord-tenant, mortgage financing, post-employment restrictions, and trade secrets.
- More than 20 years of experience as New England Regional Counsel in asbestos defense litigation in state and federal courts.
- More than 25 years of experience in counseling and litigation for nationwide security company including premises liability, negligent security, staffing levels, discrimination, and privacy issues.
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Boston College Law School Alumni Association
- Brandeis University Alumni Association
- Town of Lynnfield Zoning Board of Appeals
- Member, 2017-2020
- Chair, 2021 – present
Awards and Recognition:
- Selected for inclusion in Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- Attained an AV® Preeminent™ rating from Martindale-Hubbell
News and Insights
- “The Law of Liquor Liability in Massachusetts,” Dram Shop Litigation, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.
- “Federal Civil Litigation in the First Circuit,” coauthor, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education.